¿ 1 m i l l i o n ?

So, Wild Thoughts readers.

It's been a good year since I've opened up a chapter part for this book. I didn't think I would ever, but here I am, stood corrected.

Well, not really. I'm laying, pretending to sleep to hide from my parent's wrath, but in all honesty, I can do anything but sleep.

Because Wild Thoughts, one of my first books I released, has reached a massive milestone.

Surpassing 1 million reads.

1 million reads. 1 million fucking reads.

Writing this down makes me seem extremely calm, but internally I am shitting my pants.

It's like a dream. I never, in my wildest dreams (and believe me, folks, my dreams are fucking insane) thought that this book would achieve six digits. I've seen such pure talent on this website receiving little to no appreciation, so being the soopa insecure self, didn't think it was quite possible.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my precious people who are reading this note, let me begin on a little journey starting from 30th September 2017.

The date in which Wild Thoughts was published.

It wasn't actually named Wild Thoughts when I first released it. No, it was originally called "Crazy Things" referring to what Sora says she does when she's 'in love' (credits to Megara, you bad bitch, I love you). I realised pretty quickly though that the name contained more shit than my soiled pants so quickly changed it.

Funny how this name still doesn't make a n y sense to the story. Honestly, I was going to change the name to "Undress Rehearsal" But I've become too attached to Wild Thoughts and what it means for me now.

Now, around two months later, I think?

1,000 reads. This day was probably one of the best in my life, because holy fuck, my story really got 1K reads?! I gushed about it to all my friends, who were probably sick of my wattpad conversations, but really, to me it was like suddenly being transported to the moon. It was like someone told me that I was to defeat Thanos and the only weapon I could use was my toothbrush.

It was impossible for me.

So 14 year old me, giddy beyond measure, wrote and wrote for y'all until y'all returned the love by the double, and so I grew, with my eyes widening with each milestone I pass.

And then came my first ranking.

Back then, before the new ranking system, it was damn hard to be in the top 1000

Back then, before the new ranking system, it was damn hard to be in the top 1000. And for me to achieve so was...unbelievable.

And so I wrote. And with each chapter, came more readers, more lovely comments which encouraged me to write more. It was a lovely cycle, and I thrived on it.

Soon, I started to get attention. It was a weird, exhilarating feeling, because you always expect the worst for yourself, no matter how confident you may be in your writing, which I was.

Maybe this is why I see people liking my writing. Because most of all, I am able to love my writing, and so can let others enjoy it. That's the beauty of writing. It is much like self love. The more you love yourself, the more you will let others love you.

With this, I began to create friendships. Most have faded away, sadly, but there are a few that still stand, and are purer than ever. To my friends, any of them reading, thank you for still standing by me.

Suddenly, this huge bomb dropped on me. Suddenly, I had hit 100,000 reads, and I didn't even realise. I did take a screenshot but that was on my old phone, and it's been burnt by yours truly so that's never coming back.

You know when you see something but you don't believe in it? Like how most people don't believe in the moon landing. Obvious act made by white people. Obviously. It was a bit like that for me. Oh, this glitch concerning my reads on WT? Definitely a white people problem. Karen's cocked up the IT again.

But it just. Kept. Happening. And lo and behold, here we are now, folks, upon the highest mountain within the range, I on top with the strength all of you gave me to climb so high.

And it's really all your strength that's got me this far. Without y'all, I'd never be here, let alone writing this journal-head-ass thank you. I'd be playing video games, or wasting my time on other apps, or just withering away, not doing something which brings life into me.

It is each and every read, vote, comment that brought me to this pedestal. Each token like another step for me to go forward until I've finally reached the destination. And although this destination may be unknown, y'all still created the path I may not have journeyed upon if it weren't for you.

I think my mom was also a huge inspiration behind this. She was possibly the only person around me physically that truly encouraged my writing. Even when there was a possibility of deleting my account, it was this tiny human being that convinced me to keep striving. I love you Mama. Please never stop making biryani.

But of course, nothing was possible without you. Even the ghost readers, yes! The ones who usually seem a pain in the ass; in reality, you're not! Even y'all ghosties contributed to this. I love y'all, okay? Even if I don't know who you are!

So, to finish off, I'm gonna prepare at least two special chapters for reaching a million reads. Who knows, maybe three, if my brain actually tries to not be a little bitch? Whatever the amount, it is going to be delivered, because it's not everyday common folk like me have the luck and precious readers who brought them to such lengths.

Once again, thank you, from the very depths of my soul. That would probably be my stomach, because that's a never ending pit. However, on a serious note, I do love you. Every single one of you. I may not know about a majority of you, but it shows that you do not need to be friends with someone to change their lives.

And indeed, all of you have certainly changed mine.

Thank you, one more time, and I'll see you at the bonus chapters.

—RK.