Chapter two

[ Cover by Rolluphills ( Sam Smith ) - Too Good At Goodbyes]

Alexa

I'm pregnant.

The pregnancy test said it all. I'm pregnant. I can't believe this. I took it this morning, and it says that I'm pregnant. I took it three times, and three of them were positive. Finally, Elijah and I will be parents. Oh my god! I can't wait to tell him when he comes back. I bet his reaction is priceless. We've been waiting for this moment, which God finally gave us.

My life feels more perfect now. We'll finally be parents! I smile and walk out of the bathroom, heading to bed. I take my phone to call Elijah because I want to ask when he will come home. I really need to make preparations before he comes home. I press the call button and wait for him to pick up. It's going to voicemail. I frown at it, but I just keep calling.

voicemail again.

again

and

again...

After four times calling him, he finally picks it up. "What?" I smile when I hear his voice.

"Hey baby, I miss you so much. It's been one week since you went to London." I said.

"What do you want?" He asks, and his voice seems like he's in a hurry.

"I just miss you, Elijah, and I want to ask you when you will come back." I ask, and my heart feels a bit hurt when he doesn't ask if I'm okay or anything.

"Hmm okay. I don't know, maybe next week or next month. Don't wait for me. I need to go by." Before I could say anything, he just hung up on me. Maybe he's in a hurry for his meeting. I can't blame him for his work. He works hard for our family, and I need to understand it.

I pat my tummy. "It's okay, baby; I will find a way to tell your father." I smiled, then suddenly I heard the doorbell. I stand up and go downstairs to look at who it is. I open the door, and it shows Thea standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hey, Alexa." She greets me. "Hi," I said, feeling weird because it's been a week since our last talk.

"Didn't you want to invite me in?" I step aside to let her in. We walk to the living room and sit on the couch.

"Well... I know you're still mad at me. So I'm here to apologise. I know I shouldn't say that to your husband. I'm sorry.." She looks at me with a regretful face. I stand up from my seat and go sit beside her.

"You know, I'm sorry too because I kicked you out just like that," I said, and she pulled me for a hug. I hugged her back. I miss her so much, to be honest.

"It's suffering because I can't talk to you for one week. You know, you're my one and only best friend that I know." She said after we broke apart the hug. I smiled at her.

"I have something to tell you." Of course, I would tell her. "What is it?" She asks.

"Okay... First of all, don't freak out when I tell you."

"Okay, okay, just hurry up." She looks so excited to know what I'm going to tell her. "Alexa! hurry up."

"Okay, I'm pregnant." She looks surprised, and then a big smile appears on her face.

"Arghhhh! Oh my god! I'm going to be an aunt. OMG! OMG!" I chuckled at her reaction. Looking at her reaction like this, I'm thinking about how Elijah's reaction will be.

"I told you not to freak out, girl."

"How can I not? you're pregnant!" I smiled at her.

"When did you know that you were pregnant?"