Chapter Seventeen

******

[It's just a sing-off by Connor Maynard and Alex Aiono.]

Alexa

To be honest, I was shocked when I saw Elijah here. I don't know how he knows that I'm here. When he asked me to go with him, at first, of course, I did not agree at all, but after he kissed me, I felt like my mind and my whole body felt something weird that made me just follow him, and now I don't even know where we were going. I am going to regret this for real.

"Can you please tell me where we are going? If you don't have any plans, can you bring me back to the hotel because I'm so tired and now that you're here, it just makes me feel double tired? You know why? It is because you and your cocky personality never change, and that's what I hate most about you." I kind of nag at him, but he just drives to nowhere and doesn't mind if I talk to him. At last, I just lean my head back and look out the window. Just then, my eyelids felt heavy, and I just decided to take a nap while he was driving.

When I open my eyes, I feel like the car doesn't move anymore. I straighten my posture and look outside. It's a huge lake, and there are also people who are picnicking with their families or partners. I look beside me to see Elijah playing with the phone and looking serious. I think he doesn't notice that I'm already awake. So, I cleared my throat, and that made him look away from his phone and turn to me. "You're awake." He said that and put his phone inside his pocket.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"We're going to spend this whole day together, and I think this is the best place for us to spend it. It's peaceful and can also release our tensions." I looked at him in disbelief and then just got out of the car. He's right; it has a breath-taking view and makes my stress go away. Suddenly, I feel a hand snake around my waist. I was shocked, and I elbowed the person who held my waist. Then I heard someone groan and take his hand off my waist. I turned around to see who it was, and my eyes widen when I see Elijah. But it's served him right because he has no right to hold my waist like that.

"Don't do that anymore if you don't want to get elbowed by me," I warn him, and I walk away and find a bench to sit on.

A moment later, I can feel Elijah following me behind me, but I just walk to sit on the bench. He sits next to me and looks at me, smiling. "Why are you smiling like that?" I ask him, confused.

"You're so beautiful, baby. That's why I can't stop smiling when I am looking at you." He answers. I just look away and try to make the thing not go awkward.

"Alexa, I know you're still mad at me, but I also know that your heart is little by little wanting me back. I love you, Alexa, and this time I really mean it. I'm not going to act like I did three years ago. I promise." He said that, and I just took a deep sigh.

"Do you think if I kiss you back, let you hug me, let your family take care of my kids, and spend time with you, I will already forgive you and totally forget what you did? You're so wrong, Elijah, because I'll never forget about it." I said to him:

"I know your mind is saying a different thing now, Alexa." I look at him.

"No. I'm telling you the truth and don't even said like you know everything about me." I feel like I want ttruth,p him in the facsaygthatow but I have to stand it because we're in public. I don't want people to see it. I hate to cause now,ma in public.

"Alexa, I've already changed. I'm not the old Elijah anymore. You know what? I'm not sleeping with any women anymore because I didn't feel anything when I slept with them. Please trust me." I shake my head.

"You don't sleep with any women anymore?" I ask and raise my eyebrows. He nodded his head. "When did you stop that, huh?" I question him.

"Like two years ago." He said that, and I just nodded my head in response.