Chapter Thirty Three

[Titanium, Sia.]

Alexa

When I'm still sleeping, I feel like something is bouncing on my bed. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at what it was. I see Gabriel and Gabriella jumping on my bed with a smile plastered on their faces. "What are you guys doing?" I ask with my husky voice. My voice is always husky every morning. That's weird, I know.

We're happy," Gabriella said while jumping.

"Why? "

Daddy, come and see Grandma and Grandpa and Aunty Banana and Uncle Corner," she said, and that's a good thing that they've already stopped jumping. Why didn't I know this?

Oh, when did your dad arrive?" I asked, and then I heard the doorbell from downstairs. Great, he's here.

"He's here! Mommy, let's go. " I groan and just lay back on my bed. Why is he here so early in the morning? "Mommy, let's go." They pull me from my comfortable spot to the uncomfortable, cold tiles.

I put my hair into a messy bun, then I just walk into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I just took my time to do all that until I heard both of them shout from the stairs, I guess. After I finish doing my things, I walk to the stairs and feel heavy to go down and meet him.
"Mommy!! " I groan when I hear both of them calling me again. Fine, Alexa, just go down and say bye to Gabriel and Gabriella. That's it. No need to greet him or anything. I nodded my head, then walked down.

Just then, I see him. Standing in front of the door, smiling at the kids.

"Mommy hug." I come back after having zoned out for, I don't know, how long. I bent my body to hug both of them. "We love you, mommy," they said in unison.

"I love both of you too. Remember, behave yourself, and don't be so naughty, alright? I said, and they nodded their heads.

Just after that, I kiss both of them, and then Gabriel and Gabriella go out of the house. I look at them in disbelief because it seems like they are so happy to go to New York. I looked at them, and before I could walk back to my room, I heard Elijah call my name. Great, just great. I turned around and looked at him. "Yes? "

"Thank you for letting them spend time with me. I so appreciate it," he said.

"No problem, but make sure you tell them to call me." I said, and I feel my heart beating so fast. He smiles at me and then waves to me before he turns around and gets into his car. I wave him back and then just walk upstairs.

Ding!

My phone is buzzing. I take it and see Jared send me a message. I smile like an idiot and open it. I don't know why I feel like my heart is beating so fast when I talk or text with Jared. Something is going on with my body, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

Jared: Hey, wake up. Rise and shine!

ALEXA: Good morning to you too.

JARED: May I make an appointment with you today?

ALEXA: appointment?

Jared: Yeah, 12:30 pm at your favourite restaurant. See you there, Gorgeous. ;)

I am sure I cannot stop smiling. He was just being so sweet this morning. I put my phone on the bed and headed to the shower.

******

Elijah

I am so happy that last night Gabriel and Gabriella called me using Laila's phone and told me that Alexa let the kids spend time with me. I know she is still mad at me, but she is still giving me the chance to meet with my children. I love her, and this feeling will never change. Even though I will have a new woman in my life, I don't think I will love her as much as I love Alexa.

Now, I'm on my way to go to Alexa's house. My mind is just thinking about a lot of things.

Will she be okay if I come to her house and pick up the kids in the morning?

Will she want to meet me?

Or she will hate it.

I shake my head, and then I arrive in front of her house. I get out of my car and walk to the door to press the doorbell. I press it and wait for a few seconds. Then I pressed it for the second time, and this time I heard footsteps running towards the door. It must be Gabriel and Gabriella. The door opened, and I saw them grinning at me. "Daddy! , Gabriel said, and he hugged me, as did Gabriella.

"Mommy!! " Both of them shouted Alexa. Why isn't she down yet? Is she not wanting to meet me because she hates me that much?

Just then I saw her walk down the stairs, and she looked so pretty, even though she was only in her nightgown. She looks at me for two seconds, then looks at the twins.

"Mommy hug," both of them said in unison, and then she bent her body to hug them. When will I stay in the same house with them so that we don't have to be apart again? "We love you, mommy," they said, and I just looked at them.

"I love both of you too. Remember to behave yourself and don't be so naughty, alright? Gabriel and Gabriella nodded their heads. After that, they walked out of the house and got into my car. When I turn around to look at Alexa, she just walks away and wants to go upstairs. "Alexa. " I called her, and she turned to me.

"Yes? "

"Thank you for letting them spend time with me. I so appreciate it. " I said.

"No problem." She replies, and I smile at her. I waved at her before I turned around to go to the car.

As soon as I enter the car, I drive away with a picture of Alexa still in my mind. "Daddy?" Gabriel asked me.

"What is it, son?" I ask, but my eyes are still on the road.

Why did you and mommy and me and Gabriella not stay together?" I stay silent because they're just too young to know about this thing. "Why?" he asks again.

"Well, it's because my work is in New York and mommy's work is here. That's why we can't live together. But maybe one day we will. " I said.

"Yay!" Gabriel said.

I sigh and drive straight to the airport.

_________________________________________

How's chapter 33?

Vote

Comment

Share

****

Much love from me.

Little Munchkins