Chapter Thirty Nine

[Connor Maynard, Subeme la Radio]

This is kind of special chapter because it's gonna be Thea point on view.

Thea

It's our fourth day here on Bora Bora Island. I am so happy that I and Alexa can spend lots of time together and do some girly things here with Elijah's younger sister, Brianna, and also with Rebecca. She's kind of cool, though. At first, I thought she was some spoiled bitch, but she's not. She's so friendly and fun to talk with. Well, to be honest, this vacation really makes me feel so peaceful, and I can also release my stress by looking at the sea. It's been a while since I've felt this way.

"What are you doing here alone?" I turn around and see Joseph standing not too far from me, just wearing his short pants and shirtless. Did I mention this vacation is peaceful? Yup, it is peaceful, but not anymore when this man just talks to me."You're not going to answer my question?" He asks again.

"It's not wrong for me to be here alone, right? It's not like I'm going to commit suicide or anything here. So now that I've already answered your question, can you go and leave me alone like earlier?" I force myself to smile at him and continue to look at the sea. He sits next to me, but I just ignore him and play with the sand.

"Can I ask you one question?" I hum in reply. "Thea, look at me when I'm talking to you, will you?"

"What are you? My dad?" I look at him with bored eyes. "Hmm, what do you want to say?"

"Nothing. Just forget it." He said that and broke our eye contact.

"Whatever... Oh, by the way, why are you sitting here with me?" I ask him.

"It's not like I'm going to do anything to you; don't worry about it." We stay silent until I feel something on my thigh. I freak out and begin to scream. Then, I immediately stand up without looking at what it is and start running away from the place I sit.

"Thea!" I hear Joseph call my name, but I just run and stop when I think it's already far enough. I am breathless now. "Gosh, I should go to the gym more often," I mumble to myself, and then I see Joseph running towards me. Why do you need to follow me here?" I ask him, and he laughs. What's wrong with him, duh?

"Why are you laughing dumb ass?" He is still laughing. I look at him weirdly and punch him on his bare shoulder.

It's just funny." He laughs again.

"What funny?"

"Your reaction was priceless." I look at him in disbelief.

You're laughing at me! You know how freaked out I was earlier? It might be a gross insect on my thigh. You can't laugh at me like that!" I yelled at him, and he finally stopped laughing, but he is now grinning at me.

"I didn't know that you would be that scared." He said.

What do you mean? I don't understand what you're talking about now."

Okay, Thea, the thing that you thought was a 'gross insect is actually just a stick." He said it, laughing again. "I just try to see your reaction, but I never expect that kind of reaction. You should've seen your face earlier." What. The. Actual. Fuck. I slap his bare chest as much as I can until he hisses in pain. Okay, okay, that's enough. It's hurt." He grinned at me and showed an innocent face.

I scoff and make my way to my room. "You know if I bring my phone, I'm going to take a picture of your face and show you."

"Shut up, asshole." He followed me until I was in front of my room. "Why are you following me here? Go back to your room or whatever you want. Go!" I pushed him, but he didn't budge.

"I want to spend my time together with you. Can I?" He asks me

"No, you can't. "I'm tired; I'm going to rest now." I open the door, and when I already get inside, I close the door, but he puts his hand on it, and that makes his hand pinned at the door frame. I was shocked and immediately opened it back up. "Are you okay? Gosh, why did you put your hand there, dumb ass?" I said, Take a look at his hand.

"How about we redeem what you just did and have dinner with me tonight?" He said.

No, I'm going to have my dinner with Alexa," I reply.

Nah, uh, she's not because she's going to have some lovey-dovey time with Jared."

"I'm going to eat with Brianna tonight."

Nope, Elijah's parents, Conner, Brianna, and Elijah are going to have a family dinner also with the twins. So you have no choice but to have dinner with me." He smirks. Gosh, what I'm going to do now

Okay, well then, I'm going to stay in my room." He cut me off by giving me a peck of a kiss on my lips.

"You talk too much, and you're still going to have dinner with me, sweetheart." With that, he leaves me standing there, frozen, because of what he just did to me.

******

That night

I wear my cream dress and put my hair into a ponytail. I put on some lip gloss and mascara. Just then, the door to my room knocked, and I knew it must be Joseph. I wear my heels and walk to the door to open it. "Hey, wow, you look gorgeous." He said, When I get out of the room.

"Thanks. Let's go now because I'm starving like hell." I said, Just walk without waiting for him.

"I thought you really wanted to stay in your room." He quickens his pace until he is now walking beside me.

"I don't want to talk about it." We walk together until we arrive at the restaurant. We order, and the food arrives in no time. I like the seafood here because it feels so fresh and delicious.

We begin to eat our food in silence. It's not an awkward silent or anything. It's just a comfortable silence that is filled with soft music.

"Are you okay?" He asks me and breaks the silence.

"Yeah, I am okay. Why?"

"You seem to think about something. What is it?"

"Well, it's nothing. I was just thinking about how they can cook this food and make it taste so delicious. That's it." I reply, and I know that's a stupid answer.

"You know, I can cook better than this. If you want, I can cook something special for you, Thea." He smiles and shows his dimple. Oh no, I'm melting right now.

"We'll see about that," I reply and continue to eat.

Sometimes, I think that Joseph is not that bad. He can be romantic when he wants, he can be a jerk when he wants, and he can also be annoying if he wants. I think I'm going to like him if he throws away his playboy behaviour and just stays with one woman. I look at him while eating, and he looks so handsome, to be honest.

__________________________________________

Well, if you want to know more about their story, go and read His Interior Designer.

How's chapter 39?

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins