Chapter Sixteen

[Sam Smith: Pray]

Elijah

I'm happy to see that Gabriel and Gabriella are so comfortable with my family. I hope Alexa is here too. Where is she going? She didn't even let me know. Of course, she wouldn't tell you. Is not like you or anyone else important to her. My conscience replied.

"Elijah.." I turned to see my mom sitting beside me. "Yeah, mom?" I ask.

"Why don't you bring Alexa here too?" I really miss her." She said that, and that makes me feel bad for her.

"Well, mom, you know me and Alexa are not on good terms." I think she really needs time to herself, and I think it's better not to force her. Maybe soon, if I succeed in making her come back with me, I'll bring her here. Don't worry, mom." I said, and she just nodded her head.

"Just a minute; I have to make a call." With that, I get up from my seat and walk inside the house to call my private investigator.

"Yes, sir." He picks up after a few rings.

"I have work for you. I want you to investigate where Alexa is going and let me know as soon as possible. I'll double your pay if you can get it before tonight. That's it." I said. I want to make sure she is safe, and what if something happens to her? I don't want that to happen.

"Will do, sir." I hang up the phone and walk out to the yard to see. My parents and the twin are so happy. Gabriel and Gabriella look so happy while playing with my parents, Conner, and Brianna.

******

Now, I'm in my private jet on my way to Italy. I have to meet Alexa because I want her back in my arms. I will make sure this time she will forgive me and let me redeem my mistakes towards her. My private investigator is doing his job well. That's a good thing that my parents didn't ask that much about my sudden urge to go to Italy. I don't want them to know why I need to go there because I don't want to make them say something that makes me feel like I don't have to go.

I just took a nap a few times before we landed in Italy. After long hours of flying, I finally landed. I get out to see that there's a black SUV waiting for me, and it brings me to the hotel. I'm tired because I can't get enough sleep. The good thing is that I already know where Alexa stays.

After I arrive at the hotel, I take the card and then decide just to rest today. Besides, it's already late because it's 3:15 in the morning. No wonder I feel so tired and sleepy. I just plopped on the bed and closed my eyes. Doesn't care about what I'm wearing now, and I don't need a better position to sleep. Then, I feel my eyes slowly bring me to dreamland.

*******

The next morning

I groan when I feel the sun hit my face. I open my eyes slowly to see that I forgot to close the curtain. I continue my sleep for a few minutes, and then I wake up. I look around to see that I'm not in my room; beside it, it's the hotel room. Now, I've finally remembered why I'm here.

I get up from the bed and walk towards the bathroom. After a few minutes, I finally feel fresh after taking a not-so-long shower. I take my clothes off, then I dry my hair with the towel. I make sure my hair looks nice and my face looks great before I decide to get out of the room. I look at the time, and that makes my eyes widen. It's 12:34 in the afternoon. Good Elijah, you overslept.

Besides planning to have breakfast, I immediately change into lunch. That's a good thing that I have my own car here. I got my car keys at the reception counter and then walked to my car, a black Audi. I just drive and go to the nearest restaurant to the hotel. Even though I could eat at the hotel, I just prefer to have my lunch in a calm place where no one is looking at me like a crazy stalker because I know people, especially women, will try to seduce me. Three years ago, yes, I used to like that kind of attention and all that, but not now. Because in my heart, I only have Alexa, Alexa, and Alexa. My goal now is to get Alexa Johnson to love me back like she used to.

After I finished my peaceful lunch, my phone rang, and I immediately took it out of my pocket. I pick up without looking at the caller. "Mr. Perkins. It's me." I know who the voice is. It's my private investigator. He must have some news about Alexa; that's why he calls me.

"Yes, I know. What do you have now?" I ask.

"Well, basically, Alexa came here because she has a few meetings with the famous designer here and maybe does some collaboration with them. She will be staying here for one week, and now she's at the restaurant named Delicious to have a meeting with Ms. Helena. That's all I have for now." He explains, and I smile.

"Thank you. I will bank in your money later." With that, I hang up and get into my car to go to the restaurant that she has a meeting there. When I arrive there, I saw her walk out of the restaurant which iwhereod. I have arrived . th her today and I know srestaurant,ike it. So far as I remember, she likes surprises.

I get out of my car and walk to her. She doesn't notice me because she is busy looking at her phone and typing something. "Ehem." I cleared my throat, and that made her turn around.

"Elijah? Wha-" before she could finish her sentence, I crashed my lips against her. Her lips never make me feel bored, but they just make me more and more addicted to them. I feel like I can kiss her forever. She kisses me back, and I just take a chance to put my tongue in her mouth but fail. She pushes me and looks at me breathlessly. "Elijah, what the hell are you doing here? And stop kissing me like you own me," she said, and that makes me smile at her.

"I miss you so much," I said to her.

"Look, I don't like you doing that, especially when we're in public. I hate it. I am asking you again, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"So, if we're not in public, you'll let me kiss you more deeply?" I smirk, and her eyes widen, and I can see her face start to turn red. She must feel embarrassed by what I said.

"Answer the question, damn it." She looks red now, and that's hot.

"Okay, I came here to meet you, of course, and I want to bring you to places that you might like. I know you will thank me later," I said, hoping she would agree.

"Stop it. I came here for work, not for sight-seeing. I have to go now." She said so, but I caught her wrist before she could walk far from me.

"Why don't you come and spend your time with me today? It'll be so much fun." I said I would try to bring her to my car.

"Wait wait. I didn't even agree to it yet, and why are you pulling my hand to your car? You know I'm I kiss her and look at her after I break it. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out of it. I know she might be shocked by my sudden move.

"Let's go, baby." I bring her to my car, and this time she doesn't say anything. "We will have so much fun today. Just consider it our first date." I said this to her after I got into the car. I smile at her and drive to the place that I know she will like. It looks like she has already let me enter her heart. It's okay. Slowly, I will make sure I am in your heart again.

______________________________________________________________________

How's chapter 16?

Vote

Comments

Share

********

Much love from me.

Little munchkins