Chapter Eleven

[Marshmallow; Khalid: silence]

Elijah

I have to go back to New York today because I have something to take care of at my company. I don't want to go back yet because I still haven't gotten Alexa in my arm yet. I want her, and I know this time I'll never humiliate her again, just like I did before. I love her so much, and I know I'm stupid because I cheated on her. I feel so stupid when I think of that. I didn't know what I was thinking about at that time when I asked her to get out of the house and signed the divorce papers. I was young and just wanted to have fun. Everyone makes mistakes, and this is the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Right now, I'm on a private jet. Well, at least I could spend my time with her and my children yesterday. Even though it's only for a few minutes. I got to spend my time with Gabriel and Gabriella, which was the best feeling ever, and I never felt that way before. I just need to persuade Alexa, and then I can play with my kids and be with her as long as I want. I want that to happen.

I have about an hour more to land in New York. So I decided to do my work that has been delayed.

*****

I went straight to my company after I landed to finish some unfinished work that I had left. I did my work for, I don't know, how long because now I feel so tired. My body feels so hurt, maybe because I've been sitting for more than an hour. Just then, my phone rings, and I pick it up to see who is calling me. It's my mom. I immediately picked it up.

"Hey, mom. Why are you calling me?" I ask her as soon as I pick it up. She never calls me if there's nothing she wants from me.

"Why can't I call my son now? Do I have to make an appointment to call my own son?" She questions me.

"No, no, mom, it's just that I'm just curious why you're calling me because every time you call me, you always want me to do you something," I reply.

"Well, I want you to come home and have dinner with us because it's been like a month since you came home." She said, "Yes, it's been a month. I go home to meet my family, and of course, I miss them. Who doesn't miss their family, though? I think I should tell my parents about Gabriel and Gabriella.

"Yeah, mom, I will go home tonight. But now let me finish my work first." I said.

"Don't get too tired, son; it's not good for you. Take care of your health too."

"Yeah, mom, I know. Bye, talk later."

"Okay bye." With that, she hangs up, and I put my phone beside my paperwork. I continue to do my work, and when I feel like my job is nearly done, I close the file, arrange all the paperwork, and get ready to go home—I mean, my family's house.

I take my blazer and my phone, then walk out of my office and walk towards the lift. It's 7:10 p.m., and all the employees are already going home.

Once I get to the lobby, I walk out, and the security guard greets me. I just give him a nod and then walk to my car.

*****

It takes about 15 minutes to arrive at my family's house. I press the bell, and then I hear footsteps coming. I wait for a few seconds before the door opens and I show my beautiful mother, Emma Perkins. "Elijah, oh god, I miss you so much." She pulls me into a hug, and I hug her back.

"I miss you too, mom. Let's go in because I want to meet my siblings and also my dad." I said, and she held my hand like a five-year-old kid and brought me in.

When I get to the living room, I see my dad talking to my younger brother and sister. "Ehem." I clear my throat, and their attention turns to me. I see my dad's face look happy when he sees me along with my younger brother and sister. They're not so young; they've already grown up as teenagers.