Chapter Twenty One

[Maroon 5: What Lovers Do]

Alexa

I just stayed at Elijah's parents' house for two days, and now I'm back to my sweet home with my lovely kids. This morning, as usual, I did my morning routine, and when I'm done, I walk out of the room and head to the twin's room. When I open the door, I see they are still sleeping soundly on the bed. I didn't mean to wake them up, but I need to because I need to bring them to my office today. Dolly has some stuff to take care of. That's why she can't come and take care of Gabriel and Gabriella.

"Gabriel, Gabriella Wake up, sunshine. Hey." I said it softly, and I was quite surprised when both of them didn't cry or whine but gave me the cutest smile. "Good morning, my angels. Wake up and take a bath because both of you are coming with me to my office." I said, and they nodded their heads and walked to the bathroom. I sign at myself because I am already ready, and now I need to give baths to both of them. I should wake them up and make them ready first, but it's okay. I can handle this.

After a few minutes, I wrap both of them in their towels and quickly dress them up. I don't want them to catch a cold. "Mommy, hungry." Gabriella starts whining.

"Okay, let's go downstairs and eat. Don't cry." I kiss her cheek and bring both of them downstairs.

A moment later, I hear a doorbell, and I quickly walk to the front door and open it. "Welcome back, Ms., and good morning. "It's Dolly." She said it with a smile, and I looked at her.

"I thought you couldn't come today. You said that you have something to take care of."

"I settled it faster than I thought. So, I decided to come here and continue my job," She replies, and I let her in. That's a good thing she's here. At least I don't have to worry much.

"The kids are already awake because I want to bring them to my office, but you're here. So, I don't need to bring them then." I said, smiling at her, and sat down to eat breakfast.

It's lunchtime, and I think I need to go home because I keep feeling anxious since I left home this morning. I don't understand why, and the best feeling is that I need to go home and see if my babies are fine. I drive the car a bit fast, and I arrive at home in just fifteen minutes. Everything seems fine from the outside. I walk into the house and see it so messy. It seems like a tornado flew around my house. This is super messy, and this is the first time I've seen my house this messy. I walk to the living room and see Gabriel and Gabriella's toys all over the place. The television is on, but no one is watching it. "Gabriel? Gabriella?" I call their names, but no one answers. I run to go upstairs and see Dolly walking out of my room.

"Dolly? What are you doing in my room?" I ask, and she seems shocked to see I'm here.

"Ms. Johnson, I thought you were busy today? Why are you here?"

"Where are my children?"

They're playing in your room." I look at her weirdly. Why would they play in my room? I enter my room and see both of them sleeping in my bed.

"Care to explain?" That is quite rare for them to randomly take a nap on my bed without me there.

"They said they want to sleep in your room today." I walk to them and see Gabriel already half-awake, but Gabriella is still sleeping soundly. I look at them, but I still feel there's something that Dolly keeps to herself. She seems fishy.

"Mommy, hurt." I look at Gabriel and see a bruise on his feet. My eyes went wider when I saw those bruises on my son's feet.

"Dolly! What did you do to my son?" I walk to her and ask her face-to-face. Her face looks scared, but then she looks so confident and brave in front of me.