Chapter six

[Taylor Swift: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together]

Elijah

Today I am invited to an event in Brooklyn. I don't even know why I need to go to that event. It's not like I've never been to that kind of event; I just don't even have a partner to go with. Usually, I always bring one of my chicks to this kind of event, but this invitation was quite surprising and short-noticed, and I don't have enough time to find any. So I ended up going alone. It's a good thing that it's only a few minutes from my house, or else I won't be going because I am too lazy. Besides, this fashion event is not my favourite much because it' only shows most of the women's clothes rather than men's.

I'm sure to have slept a lot with women in these three years, but I don't know why it feels...

Empty

I felt like something was not complete when I did all that. I only felt satisfied for one year, and after that, I don't feel it anymore. That's weird. I should be more happy to be a single man, and I'm also a young bachelor.

Whatever it is, here I am. I'm getting ready to go to the launch of the new boutique in Brooklyn. I didn't know who the owner was because I'm not interested in knowing who it is. When I think I'm ready, I put my phone and wallet in my pocket, then look at my appearance in the mirror for the last time before walking out.

My driver already waits for me to open the door. I get in and then do my work on my phone. I just looked at my phone until my driver said that we were here. I close my phone and wait for him to open the door for me. As usual, many reporters clicking their cameras makes me have a headache because there's so much flashlight. Even though I used to love all these flashes and the reporters, I still got headaches sometimes.

I managed to get myself inside to see that the event had already started. Well, that stinks, but at least I'm here. I'm not sitting on my seat because it's too dull to watch. They've got men's clothes too, but I don't have any interest in watching it. So, I just take a walk to see the boutique and the decorations. This boutique seems elegant with all the designs and furniture. I can say that the owner has a decent taste in design. It is elegant yet simple.

Just then, I felt someone hit me on the chest. I look like the person who hit me and am ready to burst. It's a woman. I didn't say anything, just stood there and looked at her, but she didn't look at me at all. "I'm sorry." I heard her say it without looking at me in the face. She seems too busy to find anything. I stay quiet and look at her with a frown.

Why does she look so familiar?

No, she can't be... She can't be Alexa.

Before I could say anything, she walked away without even trying to look at me.

I try to chase her, but she's too fast. I'm sure she is Alexa.

Yeah.

There are a lot of people here, which makes it more difficult to find her. I want to make sure again if she really is the Alexa that I know, which is my ex-wife. She looks so different from three years ago. She looks more beautiful and sophisticated. I want to ask her what she is doing here because this event is not for ordinary people.

What is she doing here?

It can't be she is the owner?

I remember she used to study fashion and design back in university, but after that we got married, and she didn't find any job since I wanted her to be queen in the house.

No, she can't be the owner because that's too impossible. I divorced her and didn't give her anything, not even money. So she can't be the owner; maybe she just happened to work here.

*******

The next day.

I am inside my office and doing my job as usual. Just then, my door barged open to show Joseph coming with a file in his hand. "What's that?" I ask him while he sits on one of the chairs in front of me.

"I'm the one who should ask you that question." He throws that file in front of me and looks at me. I look at him weirdly and open that file. I stop when I know what it is. I immediately closed it and put it aside.

"Well?" He leans back and looks at me.

"I met her yesterday, but it seems like she doesn't notice me. So I hired an investigator to find out more about her. Well, that's really her. And you know what? I will make her mine again." Joseph scoffed.

"Didn't you say three years ago, 'I want to enjoy my life, Joseph, and I think what I did was the right thing?" Ha! I still remembered it." He said this while smirking at me.

"That was three years ago. Now that I'm already 26, I think I'm ready to be with her again. Don't you think so?" He shrugged. I think this is the best time for me to settle down, and I want to be with her because she's the only woman that I ever loved. This time I want to be more serious in this relationship, and I know if I go talk to her, she will be so happy. She loves me, and that feeling won't easily go away, even though it's been three years. I opened the file to see Alexa's photos from yesterday, a few of them of her with two kids. Wait. "These kids." I said this while looking at the photos.

"What?" I give him the photos, and he looks confused at me. "Who's this?" He asks me

"Those are my kids. I.. I met them like four days ago, and I bought them ice cream. I didn't notice that their faces were the same as mine, or maybe one of them. They're twins. I didn't even ask their name. Fuck." I put my head on the table and closed my eyes.

I didn't believe that I had met my own child, and I didn't even know it. Shit.

"Yeah, that boy looks like you, but the girl only has the same eyes as you but still looks the same. You're so dumb. Why didn't you notice them?" He asks, and I just shake my head.

"No matter what, I'll find them and be a happy family with them," I said. I can't just let my children grow up without knowing who their dad is.

"Yeah, good luck, bro. I'm here in the first place because I want to discuss something, but I need to go now because I have a meeting in one hour. See you, dude." With that, he walks out of my office to leave me with those photos. I sighed. I already have children with her, yet I divorced her, and now I need to meet with my children because I have the right to meet my own child no matter what. I didn't even know Alexa was pregnant. She didn't even tell me about it. If she told me, I might consider not divorcing her.

I want to bring them to meet my parents and let them know who their grandparents are. I want them to have a happy and complete family while they grow up. They need to know who their dad is. I want my kids to know I exist.

I will claim them as mine. Just wait.

________________________________________________

How's Chapter 6?

Vote

Comments

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little munchkins