Chapter Thirty Five

[Beg: Jack and Jack]

THIS IS JARED'S POINT OF VIEW, EVERYONE!

Jared

"I will tell you the answer tomorrow."

****

The sentence that makes me so nervous I don't know how to describe my feeling yesterday; I was so embarrassed. sad? happy?

I can't even describe it with words. To be honest, I was mentally and physically ready to ask her to be my girlfriend yesterday. I waited for that event to actually ask her, but my plan got ruined by her ex-husband, Elijah. I'm not mad, but I can't help feeling disappointed.

I wanted to date Alexa since I asked her for prom back there, but I don't have any guts to tell. I was so shy and had no confidence to confess my feelings. I thought me and her would get into the same university, and maybe I would tell her at that time, but it's not happening. I got a University in Columbia, while Alexa got one in New York. I was so heartbroken at that time. I tried to forget her, but that's impossible. She was my first crush ever, and that's why it's hard for me to forget about her.

After staying in Columbia for a few years, I finally got to transfer to Los Angeles. I never thought I would meet her in LA. I am so happy that we could talk again and hang out together, just like we did in high school. After I learned that she got divorced for some stupid reason, I felt so mad at Elijah. I can't believe he made her cry and suffer alone while pregnant. All this time, I really wanted to take care of Alexa and give her the happiness that she was missing. I want to too, but there's no chance. This time, if I get her, I will take care of her.

I am currently in the kitchen of my house having breakfast. Being a doctor is not that easy, but I try to manage it, and so far, I have survived. I finish my breakfast and leave the house.

*****

I am quite relieved that today is not too busy, just like yesterday. I am walking down the hall to meet one of my patients. "Good morning, sunshine. How are you feeling today?" I ask Jeremy, the little kid who has been in this hospital for two months now. He has leukaemia, and he's only 10 years old. I take care of him just like my little brother. I want him to get better and play with other kids. I check his conditions and then let him rest. I walked out of the room after the checkup was finished.

Just then, my phone rang. I take my phone out and see Alexa's name on the screen. I quickly answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey,".

"Why are you calling?" I ask. Really Jared?

"I can't call you now. Well-"

"No, no, you can call it just that I actually want to ask you, you know, not that question, but I-"

"Okay, Jared. I understand what you are going to say. I'm fine. I actually want to ask if you are free and maybe we can go out for lunch." I smile.

"Sure. I will meet you during lunch then."

"Yup, see ya."

******

Lunchtime

When I parked my car, I walked inside the restaurant that Alexa texted me. My heart is beating so fast right now, and I know I will say something stupid again. I take a deep breath and walk to Alexa.

I sit and smile at her. Just then, the waiter comes to pick up our order. I ordered mine, and then Alexa did the same too.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that I'm being super awkward right now. I know I'm supposed to act just normal, but this is so, you know, nervous." She chuckles at me.

"It's fine, Jared; I understand. So about your proposal yesterday, " She stops when the waiter comes and serves us our food. We ate in silence at first.

Then I broke it. "Do you want to continue what you were going to say earlier?" I ask her.

"Oh yes."

"I think I'll accept your proposal." She said that, and I nodded my head. Then I looked surprised after I realised what she said.

"Are you for real?" I ask her, and my voice comes out like a whisper.

"I am sure. hundred percent sure." She smiles at me, and I feel like I want to jump in happiness, but thinking that we're in the restaurant, I think I have to keep my excitement for later.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yes, I am. I'm just too excited and happy right now." I take her hand and kiss it. "Thank you very much, Alexa. You made my day full of happiness today."

"Thanks to you too."

*******

Alexa

Here it is: my new chapter of life begins now. With Jared as my boyfriend, I think this is just crazy. I can't believe JARED LANTON is now my best friend.

"Do you think you can be happy with me right now?" He suddenly asks

Why did you ask me that kind of question?"

"I mean, like... I know this is quite fast for you. I don't want you to make a bad decision anymore. I-I just want you to be happy."

"Hey, Jared, listen here. I've been single for three years, and I think that's enough time for me to find someone who can actually give me real happiness. I think you are the guy that is suitable for me and can take care of me and my children." I said, and he smiled at me. "We knew each other for 5 years, and I don't think I made a mistake. Let's just... work this out together."

"I will, and I thank you for everything." He kisses me. "Let's go back to our office." I nod my head, and we walk out of the restaurant. "I'll call you later, Bae." We walk our separate ways after we say our goodbyes.

_________________________________________

How's chapter 35?

Vote

Comment

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little Munchkins