chapter 12

Here You go guys thanks for the supports especially to those two that commented @RiriPaku @Gemma20-5-1999

Loren walked into the cafeteria and searched for her best friend. It took some quick talking to get Eddie to agree to her going early. She used the best friend card and knew he couldn't object. The same body guard was sitting a table over, but this time he wasn't even pretending to be a student.

"Mighty Mel," Loren said as she dropped her books on the table. She was shocked to see Mel sitting alone at a table reading a book. Is this what Mel had been doing lately since Loren hadn't been around? Guilt instantly washed over her.

"Hey," Mel said. "What are you doing here?"

"I want to talk to you," Loren said. "I need to sit through History today, so I thought I'd come early so we could catch up. You didn't answer your phone last night."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," Mel said as she closed her book. "What's up?"

"I was about to ask you that," Loren said. "How'd it go last night?"

Mel was surprised to hear Loren address her about her problems. Mel had been used to hearing about Loren's issues lately. She didn't expect to have Loren show up to school early just to talk to her. It felt nice.

"I don't know," Mel said. "I mean, I might consider college but – "

"Not just that," Loren smiled. "The guy with the dark hair."

"Oh yeah, him," Mel said. "He was there."

"And?"

"He asked me out for coffee, but I said 'no.'" As Mel told Loren what happened, she felt better about her decision.

"Okay," Loren said being noncommittal. "What about Adam?"

"What about him?" Mel said. "He at least talked to me this morning. He wants me to drive him home so we can talk."

"That's a good sign," Loren said holding out hope.

"Yeah, I guess." Mel wanted a change of topic. "So, what's a house with two rockstars like?"

"The same as any other house," Loren said dropping her eyes. "Except I need a bodyguard."

"Nothing else on the wacko?"

"No," Loren said frustrated. "It's like I'm a sitting duck waiting for him to make his next move."

"Next move? What was his last move?" Mel asked.

"You know," Loren said. "Hey did I tell you my dad texted me last night?" Loren didn't want to discuss the stalker with Mel. It would make it too real, and she wasn't ready for that yet.

"Really?" Mel asked. "What did he want?"

"To see me," Loren said. She then added, "Again. He says he's going to be in town this weekend."

"Where does he live?"

"In Las Vegas, but my mom says he also has a house here. Can you believe him?" Loren asked getting upset. "He shows up at MK uninvited when I already had so much going on, and now wants to try and reconnect. There's no way that's happening."

"Of course not, Lo," Mel agreed.

"Trent can just keep himself in Las Vegas for all I care."

"Trent?"

"Yeah, he doesn't deserve to be called 'Dad.'"

"Right, because his name is Trent," Mel said.

Mel played it off as if that was what she meant. She now realized why Adriana did not want her to tell Loren about that phone call she had overheard yesterday. Adriana's mom was with Loren's dad. It made sense now. Adriana must blame Loren's dad, and therefore Loren, for her mom's apathy towards her. So now she had to decide if she was going to tell Loren. She owed it to her as a friend to tell her.