chapter 20

Adriana walked into the Sanders' living room followed by Mel. Mel was confused as to why Adriana was here when she knew that Phil wouldn't be home from work for another couple of hours.

"Actually I need to talk to you," Adriana said as she sat down.

"Okay," Mel said thoroughly confused.

"Can you call Loren and have her come over here? I need to talk to her."

Mel couldn't help it; she laughed out loud.

"Are you joking?" Mel asked. "You hate her; what could you possibly have to say to her?"

"I know it doesn't make sense," Adriana said. The truth was it didn't make sense to her either. She was torn between her deep-rooted hatred for Loren and the knowledge that Trent was using Loren for some unknown purpose. "But I have some information that she might want to know."

"If you're just going to trash talk her – "

"No," Adriana insisted, "I swear. I need to tell her something, and I know she won't answer my call."

"No, she wouldn't," Mel agreed. She had to admit she was curious too. What was Adriana up to?

"Okay, I'll call her."

"Can you do me a favor?" Loren asked Eddie as she laced her hands in his. She whispered her question so Max and Nora couldn't hear in the kitchen.

"When you smile at me like that, I'm like silly putty," he grinned.

Loren and Eddie had gone over to Nora and Max's for a home cooked meal. Conversation was light; Eddie never brought up the latest move by the stalker. Instead the conversation centered around the club, or the upcoming albums, or even how much fun they had at the gala. Eddie knew what was on Loren's mind.

"Can you keep Max busy so I can talk to my mom?" she asked. "I need to tell her about Trent."

"Sure," Eddie said. "Just don't tell her about – "

"No," Loren assured him. "I won't. We'll figure out how he knew about us releasing one album ourselves before we say anything."

"Okay," Eddie said as he kissed her. "I got it covered."

"Pop," Eddie said walking back to the table. "Let's clean up the dishes since Nora slaved so hard making this meal."

Max looked back and forth between Loren and Nora and understood what was happening. "Of course," he said as he kissed Nora on the cheek.

Loren grabbed Nora's hand and led her back to her bedroom. Loren was nervous about this conversation. She hated to admit that her talk with Trent actually went well. How could the wall that had taken 14 years to build start to crumble so easily?