Chapter 18: Forgetting something?

"I knew it!" Emilee shouted, standing up from the couch, "I knew something will go down at the party!"

Seven rolled his eyes, feeling the water drip from his hair and fall on his pale cheek. He fixed his suit as he rushed down the staircase, seeing Sam and Emilee waiting in the living room. Seven's legs were still weak and his buttocks were aching, still sore. Though, rushing to the office, he didn't pay mind to it.

Sam stood up from the couch, his arms crossed, "So... you slept with your boss?" he asked, a bit of doubt in his tone. Seven had explained the situation rather quickly when getting dressed over the balcony.

On the way back, Emilee was nagging and asking about why he had slept over at Nicolas' house party. Serene didn't say much since he was still trying to remember the exact details. When taking a shower, he recalled almost every point and scene, and line that occurred and exchanged on the night of the party.

Seven nodded at Samuel, went to the coffee table, and threw his suitcase over the flat surface, checking if he had all his work papers and equipment ready for work. He was going to be late, but he'd rather be late for work and prepared than forget something and be late. Something kept ringing behind his head, making him doubt that he had everything he needed, but he couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was.

"I'm hoping he won't remember." Seven spoke softly, closing the briefcase.

"If he drank a lot then he probably won't remember..." Samuel replied, letting out a sigh of exhaustion, "Though, you started work an hour ago, no? You're already late. I think you should be worried about that instead."

Seven shook his head. He only hoped Nicolas wouldn't bring it up. Seven was hardly drunk, and he felt nervous at the thought that Nicolas meant it when he said he was doing it sober, "Thanks for the feedback." Seven muttered, gripping the handle on the briefcase and pulling it off the table while grabbing the keys to his apartment that were sitting on the couch. His shoulders were tensed, and his cheeks were red, hurrying his way out the door as the two siblings followed.

"Loosen up, Seven!" Emilee jeered as she walked out of the apartment followed by Sam, feeling the fresh breeze hit her cheek.

Hearing that, Seven could only wish it would be that easy. His overthinking got the best of him and only caused him to blame himself for what had happened last night.

....

Saying his goodbyes to his friend, Seven rode a taxi to his work, leaning his head onto the window, thinking about what Nicolas could say to him. And he hated it. He hated how his mind brought up different situations and possibilities and how negative the results always were.

I'm going to get fired.

I'm going to get yelled at.

I'm going to be given a lecture.

I'm not going to be trusted anymore.

I'm going to be demoted.

I fucked up our relationship.

He hates me for leaving. 

Showing up at his workplace, already two hours late, his heart raced. It was like going to school the next day after telling your crush your feelings for them. Though, this time, Seven felt embarrassed. He expected more of himself and he knew Nicolas expected it too. Entering the building, an employee approached the assistant, notifying him that Nicolas hadn't arrived yet, and hearing this lifted a weight off of his shoulders walking to the lunchroom and making both their coffees.

He gripped the cups for his dear life as he stepped into the elevator, his stomach aching more than usual like something was burning. He walked down the hall, people rushing down and up the hall like it was a normal day... and it was.