Chapter: 7

Katy's POV

It's been a few days. School has been hell. Crawford doesn't talk to me, and he ignores me every chance there is. They only way he talks to me is if we are partners for something...so basically just science. I haven't seen Chris, and I honestly think he doesn't want to see me. Yeah so I guess you can say life is going really well.

My parents are being way nicer then usual, letting me do whatever I want, getting me whatever I want, and I wonder if they know what's going on since I haven't told them anything.

Well anyway back to school. I'm currently at school in my math class, and I'm having trouble concentrating just like in all my other classes. All that is on my mind and has been on my mind is Crawford. He's liked me all this time yet never told me, he would always try and help with everything without me knowing. I had just realized all this. He was a lot like Chris just really kept to himself. That's what I liked about both of them, they are always so......you know......theres not a right word to explain what they are except perfect. Nobody's perfect though.

Today's been going by torturingly (A/N: I'm not sure if this is a word but it is now!) slow. With Crawford in every class, things haven't been any better.
Hours have passed, classes have passed, and finally it was 10 minutes before school will be let out. I gave up on paying attention and just stared at the clock for the rest of the 10 minutes. The hands on the clock ticked slowly. Finally with what seemed like an eternity the had rung. I quickly made my way out class and out to the front of the school ready to walk home. I took the usual way, when someone stopped me. I turned around and was surprised to see Jocelyn. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want"

"It's nice to see you too Katy" she faked smiled.

"Okay what do you want" I asked again. She never talks to me unless she wants to make fun of me.

"I just came to say I'm sorry about everything."

There it is. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, glad you got that out, bye"

I turned around but she stopped me again.

"Not what I meant, I guess I'm trying to say I'm sorry for everything I've done"

I was laughing hysterically at this. Oh my god. That was a good joke.

"You really think I'm going to believe that"

"Fine, I'm done trying to be nice too you"

"Since when are you nice to me"

"I haven't done anything to you at all"

"You know what you did, that ruined my life, everything happening now is your fault."

"I said I was sorry"

"Sorry doesn't cut it, you can say sorry all you want, it doesn't mean I forgive you, it never will"

I turned around walking away but into Crawford.

Ugh.

"You saw that didn't you"

"Uh yeah"

No surprise there.

"Bye" I said pushing passed him. Finally able to make my way to my house. No more distractions, no more interruptions.

Walking into my house I was dying to be in, all I wanted to do was sleep and forget this day ever happened.

I stopped in my tracks. "You have got to be fucking kidding me"

"Katy language"

"Sorry mom, but what is Chris doing here"

"He came over looking for you"

I sighed. This is such a long day.

"What do you want Chris"

"Crawf told me what happened, I just wanted to make sure you were okay"

"I'm fine, you can go"

And now my mom knows something is up. Thank you Chris.

"You sure, I-"

"Chris, go, I don't want to talk about okay, I just want to rest"

"Okay" he said saying goodbye to my mother and walking out the door before slipping me a piece of paper.

I was half way up the stairs, curious of what the note said, but then also not in the mood at all. I reached my bed and fumbled with the paper. It's a note from Chris, it should be meaningful and positive. Right? nothing bad, that's not something he would do.

Replaying the day of school and what I thought was written in the letter, it become more tempting to open. I didn't have the courage to open it though, I didn't want to cry. I know I will that's the problem. I just wanted to be happy for once.

My mom came in my room with sympathetic eyes.

"Hey, I know what happened, and just to let you know, everything is fine and you should worry too much about it"

I smiled slightly at the thought of my giving me this advice. She always told me her life was perfect. She doesn't know what I'm going through.

Not thinking I gave her the note.

"I want you to read it first, don't tell me what it says though"

I watched as she opened the folded paper and read it quietly to herself. I watched as her expression changed from sad to happy to worried to relieved. There were so many emotions, I was scared what I was going think when I read it.

She folded the paper back to it's original state, and handed it back to me.

"Read that when you are ready for to face to the truth"

I was confused at what she meant but it nodded my head. What truth? Now I really wanted to read it, but i was scared of this truth.