The Next Step Love Story

Riley's POV

I am at the restaurant. Emily didn't tell me we were getting separate tables. I am dodging him by hiding in the girls washroom. I know I'm only 16 but I'm scared he's going to propose. It's stupid. He wouldn't. I hope. Emily walks in.
"Aren't you supposed to be with James?"
"Just leaving." I feel sick at the thought. I walk through the crowd to my table and sit with him. When will the night end?
"C'mon I have something I want to show you." I follow him out onto a balcony.
"The view is amazing." I say.
"I have something for you." He says. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a tiny fabric-covered box with a ribbon tied around it. I open it. A ring! Is he out if his mind?! I'm 16!
"It's a present, right?"
"If you want it to be." What does that mean?!
"Was it originally a wedding ring?!"
"Yes."
"I think... I'm gonna.... Be sick." I start walking, but I can't walk straight.
"Riley..... Are you ok?" I hear his voice all wonky.

James's POV

"Are you sure?" Then she faints. "Riley!" I run in find Emily and pull her out.
"Oh my god Riley! What did you do?!"
"I gave her a present."
"Was it a chicken?"
"No. It was a ring."
"Oh my god!"
"What!"
"You are ready to make a commitment that big?! No wonder she fainted."
"What?"
"You weren't asking her to marry you?"
"Well, she fainted before I could."
"She's 16!" She yelled.
"So A troupe wouldn't react too bad. Sure the girls might faint, but other than that we should be good."
"James, yes."
"Riley, not now, I'm yelling at Emily! Wait Riley? Did you just say yes!"
"Riley you said yes!" Emily screamed. Now its Emily's turn to faint. When she woke up we went home.

************At dance****************

Riley's POV

I fiddled with my engagement ring all the way to dance. I thought about hiding my ring in my coat pocket, but I didn't. Emily took the day off because she isn't feeling too well, considering I am engaged. We walk in. No one notices yet. They will in a matter of seconds. During our dance West stopped and stared.
"Yo, why is there a ring on your finger?"
"What?" Michelle was looking at me. She walks up to me and looks at my finger. "I saw this in the wedding department of the jewelry store in the mall while buying a necklace. Why are you wearing an engagement ring?"
"Uh..."
"Riley, what?!" After a lot of chatter, Stephanie yelled to get everyone's attention. "I called Emily, its official, Riley's engaged." Next thing we know Chloe fainted. Obvious. There is a lot of chatter and Kate comes out of her office.
"What's with all the chatter?" she asks.
"Riley got engaged!" Tiffany said in the most childish voice she could put on. Kate walks over to Riley.
"Riley... Woah that thing is huge!" She cries. I can't help but let out a laugh, I didn't think it would be a good idea, but it actually is. Maybe getting married without our parents knowing would be fun.

James's POV

No one could concentrate anymore so instead of dance we started planning our wedding. Riley had always wanted an outdoor wedding, but because its a secret we are having it in studio A instead. We decided we would have it in a month, when her parents are away for business again, and that all the members of A troupe would be in it. Emily's the maid of honour, Stephanie, Tiffany, and Chloe are bridesmaids, Eldons the best man, West and Daniel as the groomsmen, Maggie as the flower girl, Josh as ring bearer, and that we would hire a priest. Next week the guys go tuxedo shopping, and the girls go dress shopping. We are inviting relatives that aren't in the family feud, and friends. Emily is happy to be the maid if honour, but still thinks we are too young. Riley and I agree but we need a commitment so that our parents can't break us up. So we're getting married! Yay! We totally old enough. Not. So we have to pay the priest extra to do it.