Comfort

We all sat together during lunch. Me, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily.

Today seemed to be an okay day. Nothing's gone wrong and no texts from A.

It feels unnatural. Unreal. Something's bound to happen soon right?

Being my usual paranoid self, I looked around at everyone in the lunch room. Trying to find someone glaring, or looking suspicious.

I don't see anything but look to the corner and see Mike with his knees up to his chest and his head bowed low.

"I'll be right back girls. Going to the bathroom." I say

Hanna looks up at me and smiles. "Okay Y/N. Be careful."

"Yeah...something's strangely off.." Spencer.

"You've noticed too?" Aria states with her eyes widened.

"Okay girls. Can we talk about this after I pee? I really need to go." I say with a chuckle.

"Right." Emily laughs.

I walk off towards the bathroom. Once I see they aren't watching me, I walk towards Mike.

I slowly sit next to him keeping my distance. "You okay?"

He looks up at me with blood shot eyes and shakes his head.

"Mike I-"

"Shh. Don't say anything. I just really need you to be here for me." He says shakily.

I nod and place my head on his shoulder. He pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around my waist.

I smile to myself. We've never gotten this close but I can't lie and say I didn't want this to happen.

Lunch is about over and I lift my head. "We should probably get ready to leave..." I say, not making eye contact.

"Yeah.." Mike sighs.

"Are you ever gonna tell me what's been bugging you?" I ask curiously.

"Maybe...but just for today, thanks for caring. And before it's too late..." without finishing, he gently connects our lips together.

Before I have time to respond, he pulls away. "I love you." He whispers and quickly leaves.

"I love you too." I say. But it's too late. He's gone. I still have tomorrow though.

After school, I get home and am ordered to clean my room before eating.

I put in my earbuds and start cleaning.

Minutes later I get a text.

Aria: S.O.S.

I look at my phone and rush out the house without explaining to my parents.

I rush to the Montgomery house on my bike and go in with Emily.

We meet Aria upstairs. We originally were going to go to Aria's room but saw everyone else in Mike's.

What's going on?

"Guys look." Aria says, shaken.

It's a note with 'A' written on the front.

I take it and read it aloud. "More bate for me. Sorry I had to take Mike. Don't worry I'll make sure to use him wisely ~A"

"I knew something was gonna happen." Hanna said shaking her head.

"G-guys, I gotta go back home. My family is probably worried." I say trying to get an excuse. While I was reading the note, my phone buzzed. I'm almost 100% positive it's from A but I don't want to read it in front of the girls.

"Okay. See ya later Y/N" Spencer says.

I hurry back home and before I go into, I read the message.

It's a picture of me and Mike kissing. Too bad he never heard you say 'I love you' You don't get many chances.

If you guys have any requests....PM me or comment on this.

Hope you liked the first chapter. Don't forget to vote!