Attention

Saturday morning never felt so good. Throughout the week, day after day, there wasn't a moment of rest I could grasp. But now that the week is over...I can finally relax.

I planned on sleeping in for the most part but that was soon interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. "Mm.." I say still holding onto the 10 minutes I have left until 12pm.

This time rather than a tap I felt a violent shake and jolted awake. I instantly went into attack mode until my eyes met Mike's. "Babe why~" I say rubbing my eyes.

"I wanted to spend time with you" he says smiling and sitting next to me.

"I know but-" I start to protest, getting cut off by a kiss

"Don't worry. I know how much you worked this week so I'm willing to just relax with you" he says handing me a cup of tea from the bedside table. I must've been asleep while he was making it.

"Thanks" I say drinking the tea. I move to one side of the bed so he can join me on the bed. I get one of my newly favorite books and start to read.

As soon as I get to the best part of the book, the pages flip over so my eyes are met with the burgundy cover. I glare at Mike "why would you do that?" I say

He laughs "just to see your reaction" he says but his smile fades after seeing my angry face "Sorry. You weren't talking to me. I need attention" he says pouting

"Have fun trying to get my attention now" I say re-opening the book "I have to find my page again" I say as I search looking for key-words

"This isn't fun. We could be out right now at a party or a restaurant but we're in bed" Mike says with pure boredom

"That's the definition of relaxation" I say shaking my head and looking at the book "you said you'd relax with me"

"I changed my mind a couple minutes ago when the only movement I made was my eyes watching you turn the page." He sasses taking away the book before I can protest and setting it on the bedside table.

I sigh "then what do you want to do?" I ask

He pulls my face close to his and smirks "you know what.." He says gently kissing me

"Oh brother" I say trying to contain my smile.