Best Of Me

Mike's p.o.v.

Our hands were wrapped tightly together, not wanting to let go.

"Please, don't go." I said with tears in my eyes. She laid there, quiet. Didn't even open her eyes. Couldn't. "I love you"

I felt her grip tighten and almost jumped out of my seat. "Y/N?" I asked, hoping for a response.

Her eyes scrunched and I screamed for a doctor.

A girl came and rushed me out of the room so she could run quick tests. I obeyed and stayed in the waiting room, pacing back and forth.

About an hour later, the doctor came out to tell me Y/N's fate. I listened eagerly.

"She woke up. It's a miracle and probably won't last long so don't get your hopes up. We'll keep her here over night."

"Can I see her?"

"No. Not yet. Go home and get some rest. You've been here for a while."

I nodded my head, tears forming in my eyes. On the ride home all I could think of was what would happen to me if she died. I don't know how I'd live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up early and headed straight to the hospital. I couldn't wait any longer to see Y/N's beautiful smile.

When I arrived, the people at the front desk said they expected me and that I could go right in.

I stood in front of her door, scared and excited from all the possibilities. I took a deep breath and walked in.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her. She had the dull blue hospital gown on and her hair was messed up. But her smile made up for it. The way her eyes crinkled and her dimples showed assured me that now, everything would be fine.

Tears flowed and I ran towards her with open arms. Our hug lasted nearly a second before I pulled away just to get closer and kiss her.

She was finally awoke. I could feel her presence, hear her laugh, taste her lips. I don't have to think about life without her anymore because she's right here with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was clear to go home so we were walking out of the hospital hand in hand.

"Y/N you have no idea how thrilled I am. Life without you would be a living hell. I mean, you already have the best of me and if you died, you'd take it with you. I just, I can't believe it." I said smiling ear to ear.

She giggled and turned to face me. "Mike, I love you. And I never intended on leaving you. You're the be-"

She couldn't even finish her sentence before she collapsed in the ground. "Y/N?!"

Not even an hour out of the hospital and she had to be rushed back in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the waiting room when the doctor came out. I practically jumped up. "Tell me she's fine" I didn't wait for an answer and ran in her room. I looked frantically at her with hopeful eyes, wanting this to all be a dream.

I heard a faint beep and came back to reality. I looked at the lifeline and it was flat. She's was dead.

I broke out into tears, kneeling down at her hospital bed. "Please don't leave." I kept repeating over and over, hoping it would come true.

I remember like it was yesterday. I'm still not okay.

A/N: I FINALLY felt an inspiration to write an imagine. I was casually listening to BTS when "Best Of Me" came on.

I stopped everything else I was doing (studying 😂) , put the song on loop, listened to it about four times, and then this was created.

I recommend that song. If you want to know the meaning to the song, they have lyric videos in English.

I just love this song so much and may or may not be crying. 😂 love you guys. Tell me what you think. Comment, Vote, or just ignore this whole thing. The choice is yours.