Park of Amusement

You and Mike were on your way to the amusement park. It would be nice to say you haven't been there in a while but, this is the second time you went this week. Your best friend took you 2 days ago and you would've been with her again today but she refused to go with you anymore. Perfect excuse to spend some time with your boyfriend.

You and Mike arrive at the amusement park, walking in while holding hands. Busy sounds of people talking and rides operating fill your ears and bring a smile to your face. 

Mike happily drags you to the new ride. Despite knowing you don't favor roller coasters, he takes you on the biggest one.

The worker  straps you in the cart with Mike. Without missing a beat you hold onto Mike's hand. He looks over and smirks holding in a laugh. "Don't worry babe it'll feel like 2 seconds." he says with an excited look on his face. If it weren't for that look you would've bailed on him letting him go alone.

That thought didn't last long. As soon as it escaped your mind the cart shot up the tracks stopping at the top. You squeeze Mike's hand at the sudden movement as the cart slowly descends down a steep hill. 

"I thought it was supposed to go slow up and fast dow-" your words immediately get caught at the sudden increase of the ride again. By the end, your hair is frizzed everywhere. 

Mike laughs at you and you realize you're latched to his arm. You let go and smirk "I wasn't scared though" you say smug and get out of the cart together. 

The night begins to creep in. It gets colder and Mike hands you his jacket. Both of you have been on nearly every ride. There was still one left that you really wanted to go on though. 

The pirate ship. 

This ride has been your favorite ever since you were little. Your parents took you on this ride at the end of every festival. However, now when you go with your friends to amusement parks, they never want to go on with you. 

Mike sees you stop in front of the ride and he sighs. "Y/N please no." he says pouting. That's not going to help him this time. You were dedicated to get onto this ride tonight. You quickly take his hand and drag him into the line before he can protest. People line up behind you. There's no going back now. 

You haven't been on this ride in a while and forgot how the rush felt. Mike sits with you near the end of the "ship". The ride operator  starts the ride. It starts to slowly sway back and forth and the adrenaline builds up in your chest. Soon enough, the ship is going as high as it can in the air. Every time you look down your hearts drops as the ride drops you with it. 

When you get to the very top you scream in amusement. Mike screams with you. He's been enjoying the ride all along. That is, until you go start to swing down again. The rush of feelings takes itself right through your heart into your hands. 

You grab onto Mike's shoulder and start to hit his head. "Ahhhhh!!!" you say not realizing. 

The ride starts to slow down and come to a stop. You get off and look back at Mike holding his head. "Mike hurry up!" you say confused. He frowns and gets up 

"No wonder no one wants to ride with you." he says

You act offended and hit him "what do you mean?" you ask. He just shakes his head.

"Nothing. Let's just go home." he says amused at your cluelessness. You walk out of the park hand in hand smiling and go home.