My turn

It's the week of your 2 year anniversary with Mike and you guys decided to take turns every day doing something the other person likes. It's fun for you on your days since you get to playfully torture him with makeup and romantic tragedy movies but when Mike gets to pick, it's a different story.

"Y/N~ wake up!" Your eyes slowly struggle to open. You smile tiredly when you see Mike practically on top of you poking at your cheeks.

"Get off of me it's too early for this" you mumble trying to push him off.

"It's already 12. If you sleep any longer we won't be able to do everything I wanted to do today." He says with a small smile, pulling you to sit up.

When you get up you notice he's wearing knee pads. "Oh no no no not today. Last time it was your turn you made me play Lacrosse and I almost sprained my ankle."

"Key word almost. This time I know to pay extra close attention to you so you don't get hurt." He winks and kisses your cheek "wear something comfortable. We're playing Basketball today." He says leaving you to get dressed.

After getting ready, you and Mike drive to a nearby basketball court. You sigh to yourself wondering why you ever agreed to this.

Mike excitingly takes your hand and leads you to the court with a basketball in his other hand. He holds out the basketball to you "can you shoot?" He asks with a smirk.

You roll your eyes "of course I can. Watch and learn Montgomery." You take the ball and try to focus, shooting the ball into the air when you take the wrong step and trip over your shoe. "I meant to do that." You say with a shrug.

"Of course you did." He laughs and helps you up like always. "You've been saying that for two years. Let me help you"

Mike shows you how to position your feet and hands then steps back. "Try it now" he says watching you shoot the ball.

The ball goes right into the hoop. "Hell yeah I'm a natural!" You say mimicking the victory dance you've seen Mike do at his games.

He laughs and hands you the ball, this time standing in front of you. "Now try to shoot without me blocking you." He says with a smirk. You tilt your head to the side.

"Oh please. Easy peasy." You start to shoot the ball and as fast as it leaves your hands it's in Mike's. He dribbles down the court and makes a slam dunk effortlessly. Mike looks back at you.

"Easy you say?" He smirks and comes back to you. "Try again." He says with a confident look.

You think to yourself and bite your lip. "This isn't a fair match. I'd rather do this." You say and kiss him softly, still holding the ball.

He reacts almost instantly and as soon as he returns the kiss you move away and shoot the ball right into the hoop. "Got ya" you say winking.

"No fair. You cheated." He says pouting.

"You never said distractions weren't allowed" you shrug. "Admit the defeat."

He sighs and looks you in your eyes. "Fine you beat me."

"Now say Y/N you're so great at this. Even better than me" you say smiling.

"There's no way I'm saying that." He says laughing gently holding you close to him.

You look into his eyes and smile. "It was worth a shot."

Mike shakes his head and laughs. "I love you so much." He pulls you in for a kiss and drops the basketball, leaving all of his attention for you.

A/N :
Hey!!! It's been a long long time. I hope everyone is doing okay with the Pandemic and staying safe! I wanted to drop by and just say thank you so much for all of the attention this book is getting 🙏🏽 I honestly didn't expect it to get this far. Hopefully I'll be updating more often but I do have some other books in the works. Feels good to be back! Much love x.