Midnight Thoughts

Mike holds you in his arms as you sleep soundly. Its been a rough and busy week for the both of you.

You and Mike bought an apartment together and the move has been draining everyone's energy.

You're both thankful that Mike's family are supportive of your relationship and are there to help when you need it. Especially considering your family is the exact opposite.

No matter how hard Mike tries, he can't get your family to like him. They think he's dangerous and a bad influence. Its been causing a lot of stress from you since you and Mike want to start a family together.

Mike gently moves a piece of hair behind your ear. He holds you closer as if he's afraid to let go.

I just want everything to work out. For you to be happy. He starts to get lost in his thoughts. Your peaceful slumber allowing him to finally take a minute to focus on his thoughts.

After everything we've been through. After all of the nightmares that came true, you stuck by me. And I stuck by you.

Even now with our hectic schedules you know how to keep me grounded. I don't know what I'd do without you.

He smiles softly as you shift. He places your hand in his and you subconsciously smile to yourself. That smile warms my heart instantly. The thought of waking up to it every morning is overwhelming.

I wish this moment could last forever. Just you and I alone with heightened senses. Paying attention to each smell, color, and feeling as well as each other.

You shift to get into a more comfortable position on your used couch. Mike snaps out of his thoughts and gently picks you up, walking to your shared room. He lays you down on the bed and lays next to you.

"I love you Y/N. Sleep tight" Mike says kissing your forehead and turning off the lights.

As he closes his eyes, he smiles to the sound of the late night city streets, the neighbors' Smooth Jazz playlist echoing through the walls, and your peaceful breathing.