Safe Haven

I wake up to the same old memory. Only at this point, you can call it a nightmare. I see it every night. It's like a broken cd, playing the same part over and over.

When I was young, 3 years old to be exact, my parents started arguing. I'd lay on my bed waiting for one of them to tuck me in and sing me to sleep like they used to, but the only noise I heard was crying, screaming, and sandals being thrown.

As I got older it only got worse. I'd come home and see things flying across the room. Sometimes they'd miss each other and hit me instead.

By the time I was 14 I'd gone mute. I wouldn't talk because I was afraid I'd accidentally say too much. I felt that if I talked, my opinions of how terrible they are at parenting would come out. If my parents found out how I felt, they'd torture me like never before. And if anyone else found out, they'd get my parents arrested.

That was, until I met Mike in 10th grade. He was the first person I've talked to in a while. He gives me the feeling that one day everything will be okay. That I won't have to worry about getting hit. He makes me feel safe and sound.

We became best friends. Right after school we'd go home and straight to our rooms. I remember my phone buzzing, asking me to pick up his face time call.

I'd always answer with a smile and say "We just saw each other. School ended 10 minutes ago."

"I'm lonely Y/N. Talk to me please!!" He'd answer.

We'd stay on the phone until his sister would come in his room and call him for dinner. Usually he'd start arguing with her. His parents recently got a divorce and he still doesn't forgive his dad. I'd have to convince him to go and Aria would silently thank me.

I miss him so much. The best memory I have with him was at the state fair. He won a big stuffed bear holding a heart that said "I love you." The rest of the night, he'd talk to his 'new best friend' about how lame I was for not wanting to ride the roller coasters.

But at the end of the fair, we laid in the grass looking up at the stars with the bear in between us.

"You know I was just kidding. I got the bear for you." He said.

"I never would've guessed." I replied sarcastically. "But I would've much rather preferred the unicorn." I joked.

He just laughed and pulled me closer to him.

Red flushed across my face as I could feel his warmth around me.

No matter what would happen, I knew that he'd always be beside me. He's my personal diary, best friend, and most importantly, he's my safe haven.

I want my safe haven back..

Wow guys, I suck at updating. I'm so so sorry.

I think I might make a book? No? Idk yet. I don't think I'm at book level.

{{unedited}}