McDonald's

You and Mike planned on having a date night today. You were so excited to find out everything he had planned for it. It's been a while since you guys had a true date night. Sure there were times where he would make dinner for you and later watch a movie, but those don't count.

You look through your closet searching for something to wear. Recently you've cleaned out your clothes, getting rid of the ones you didn't want to make room for new ones.

Only, you have yet to get the new clothes.

You groan and frantically look for something to wear. "No....mmm...not that....that's not it" you mumble to yourself.

Finally you find a cute enough black jumpsuit with a jean jacket. "This will have to do" you say and call Mike.

"Hey Mike" you say cheerfully "I'm ready to go" You hear a light laugh on the other side

"Only took forever" he jokes "I'm on my way" he says hanging up.

You go downstairs to watch a little bit of tv before he arrives. During the show you get a text from your dance group.

"Don't forget we have a gig today ladies! Bring all of your garments and smiles. It'll be a looooong ride"

Your eyes widen "Oh my goodness. I totally forgot" You say. Of course as soon as you finally have time to go on a date, you don't actually have time! The gig is about an hour away and starts in an hour and a half. You'll just have to cancel the date.

As soon as you unlock your phone to text Mike, he shows up at the door.

"Hey babe" he says once you open it, greeting you with a kiss. "Ready?" He asks

You sheepishly look down "so...I sorta kinda forgot I have a dancing gig today. It's an hour away and starts in little over an hour" You say never looking up.

Mike frowns "Well, I guess we'll just have to spend our date in a car" he says. You look up with surprise.

"You don't want to just cancel?" You ask

"Why would I do that? C'mon" He says walking to the car holding your hand "mini road trip time" he smiles and drives off.

Time flies by on the ride to the venue. You and Mike carpool karaoke the whole way there listening to your favorite songs making a terrible duet. Once you both get there you quickly change into your dancing outfit and meet with the other girls.

Mike cheers you on while you're out on the stage doing what you do best, dancing. Even though the performance is long, he watches intentively the whole time through.

By the time you guys leave its almost 12 in the morning. There are a lot of things that go into performances believe it or not.

There aren't many restaraunts left open for you guys to go to. Not to mention all the good ones are farther away from your house.

"I think I saw a McDonald's on the way here" Mike says and you can't help but laugh.

"Wait are you serious?" You ask seeing that he is in fact serious. "Uh, I think it was that way" You say letting him drive you guys to McDonald's.

You take a seat giving up when he insists on ordering for you at the front. He brings back the food to your table acting as if it's a high end restaurant.
"Bon apetite" he says smirking while you guys eat.

You guys have a great time talking to each other. The place is empty other than the travelers coming through the drive throughs. Although you earned a couple looks and judgements from the staff, you couldn't be happier.

You finally got a date with your soon to be husband, Mike Montgomery.