What Life Allows

{{ Double Update }}

"Y/N" a sweet, recognizable voice calls out to you.

You turn around to the sound of the voice. Just like you suspected, Mike was standing in front of you.

You switched your gaze from his perfectly formed face to his outstretched hands.

"Oh? A gift?" You ask.

"Well yeah. It is Valentine's Day after all." He responds with a duh face.

"Of course" you say quicker than intended. This is the first year out of 3 that you forgot about Valentine's Day. With all the past events with 'A' and the dollhouse, I haven't been keeping up that much with the days.

I snap out of my thoughts and I'm met with the same beautiful green eyes and a smile I could never forget if I tried.

"Thank you so much babe" I take the big box from his hands then pause. "But, I sorta kinda don't have a present ready for you." I say sheepishly

"Aw man. I had my surprised face ready and everything." Mike says. "Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle with your wonderful presence all day"

I chuckle and open the box. When I see what's inside, I gasp and close the box quickly. "Mike Montgomery! You did not," I say

"Just keep looking" he says holding back his laughs.

I look at him suspiciously but move past the lingerie. Behind all the tissue paper, I saw a hint of lavender. I started to get excited and took it out.

"I'm gonna guess from your 'shocked baby kitten' face that you like it?" He says hopefully

"YES BIYTCH I FUXKING LOVE IT! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET IT??" I ask.

Last year when we went to Paris together, there was a store full of dresses from my favorite designer. A simple t-shirt was about $200 dollars. I don't even wanna think about how much this dress costed him.

"That's not the important part." He says. I simply shake my head and pull him into an embrace.

"I love you so much." I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NEXT MONTH

After Valentine's Day you've been feeling a little off. You told both of your parents about it and they suggested for you to go to the doctor today. At least you get a day off of highschool.

From the moment you walk in, to the moment you walk out, the nerves never die down. You know what's wrong with you, but you don't know how well everyone will take it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"What?! I'm not ready to be a father!!" Mike says with a hushed voice.

Currently we're both at our bedroom windows communicating. It's too late to show up at someone's house and lucky for us, our houses are pretty close together.

Unluckily for us, we're both having a mental breakdown.

"Should we, yknow..?" I say making a well known motion to my neck.

Mike shakes his head hard enough I'm worried he'll fall or get whiplash. "That's not an option. Not now, not ever." He says.

"Ok I understand." I say, relieved that he already cares about the baby's life. "But that doesn't change the fact that we aren't ready to be parents. There's school, A, our parents, and don't even get me started on-" I start to rant.

"Calm down. Either way, this is something we'll have to deal with. And the only way we can pull it off is to do it together." He says and stretches out his hand. "So let's do it together."

"But what if we get attached and-" I think out loud but don't want to say it. "What if the baby....doesn't make it?"

"Y/N we can't live off of what if's. There's too many to worry about. We just have to stick together. Through thick and thin." He says. His voice grows soft and I'm met again with his beautiful eyes.

I slowly reach my hand out, only our fingertips brush against each other and put future is set. Only, we have no idea what we're doing.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"We're sorry for your loss."