5

((Leon fanart by Isabella Augustus))

"How would you feel if someone kidnapped you?"

"...Excuse me?"

"Those stupid stories where the girls fall for their hot kidnappers. How would you feel if you were kidnapped?"

"I'd feel fucking terrified, that's how I'd feel."

"Would you have romantic feelings for your captor?"

"No, of course not!"

"Then why does this site promote those shitty stories?! Falling for your kidnapper means you have Stockholm syndrome, and it's not fucking goals!"

"I know, I know! Believe me, I don't think it's right either."

"Then why the fuck does the site you work for promote those stories?"

"I don't have any control over that, Deepthi, I'm sorry."

"...No, it's me who should be sorry. I just...I get really emotional when I read things like that. How dare those people make light of those situations, how dare they romanticize things that traumatized people! How fucking dare they!"

"Deep breaths, Deepthi, take deep breaths to calm down. I agree with you, but I can't fix that."

"I...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you, I just...I should go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...I'm sorry again. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. If you ever need anything, call me."

"Using this number?"

"...Good point. I'll give you my Skype in your pms."

"...Okay."

She didn't know that his daughter had come home, chatting about her favorite teacher at school.

A pretty brown lady named Deepthi who had braided his daughters hair, and wore sparkly bracelets that jingled on her wrists.