19

"Please pick up the phone..."

"Hi, this is Deepthi! Sorry that I missed your call, but if you leave a message after the beep, I'll definitely get back to you. Also, keep your messages less than two minutes, I'm sure your new rolling pin is amazing, mom."

"Hey, Deepthi...It's Leon...It's been a few weeks, and I'm not sure what's been happening, so if you or whoever has your phone could call me back, that would be great. Lilly's been super worried, she doesn't know what happened, but you haven't been at the daycare, so...Just call me, if you can. Or just something."

"Leon?"

"Leon?"

"Deepthi! Hey, it's been a while."

"I hope you haven't forgotten about me?"

"It's only been two weeks since we last talked, and I have a pretty good memory for people I care about. How are you?"

"Honestly, I'm slowly recovering."

"Better than no recovery. Do you want to...talk about it?"

"About that night? No, but...Well, you deserve to know the truth."

"I don't deserve anything. You deserve to wait until you feel comfortable enough to say something. Are you uncomfortable talking about this with me?"

"Yes..."

"Then you shouldn't. But I...I understand what you're going through. Abigail and I...We went through some rough times. She...Well, I never meant to get in a relationship with her. I accidentally knocked her up, and she became pregnant with Lilly. I couldn't just leave her, I might have been a man whore, but I wouldn't be one of those dads that didn't support the kid and the mother. That's what I told myself."

"Good for you."

"Yeah, well I really wanted to make things work. I wanted to make sure that our kid had the life she deserved, that even if she had been accidentally born, we'd never make her feel like an accident. Never treat her like an accident. So I went through great lengths to ensure that Abigail was always comfortable, always happy. And she took advantage of that. Of me."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Not your fault. But she...All she wanted me For was sex. All any girl wanted me for was sex, even if I didn't want it. And you can't hit a girl, so eventually I stopped saying no. And Abigail always got what she wanted. She...She used to...Whip me, and handcuff me, treat me like I was...Less than human. Called me her pet, made me call her master, and if I didn't obey her then she said she'd get an abortion. She always made sure I got to the gym, starved me until I was the right weight for her, made sure I was the perfect seeming man to the world. All my life, I had just wanted someone to love, wanted someone to love me, and even if I couldn't get it from Abigail, I'd prove myself with a daughter. And that would show them all..."

"You don't have to keep going..."

"I do. The day before Lilly was born, I...I collapsed at the gym. I was dehydrated and malnourished, my body shut down on itself. I wasn't around for Lilly's birth, or the first few months of her life. I was in rehab, learning to feed myself again, while the woman who had tortured me was taking care of the child I loved. The child I had sacrificed everything for."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be. The day I got back, Abigail packed up her stuff and left me and Lilly alone. I was sixteen and taking care of a kid, but we're doing okay now...Until one day she waltzed back into my life and used the court to get part time custody. And well...Then her boyfriend..."

"Leon..."

"She has no custody rights anymore, thankfully, but..."

"Can I come over? I want to give you a hug."

"I'll see you soon."

this chapter is dedicated to archertypes because he's a cool dude who gave this story a shoutout so yay! i'm a huge fury fangirl. it is also dedicated to all my new readers. hi everyone *waves* drop a comment or message on my message board, i promise i don't bite!

anyways, what did you think of the chapter? i really hope you enjoyed!