23

| Leon | Lilly | Deepthi |

"Leon, I never asked you what you wanted for Christmas."

"Deepthi, you seriously don't have to."

"No, I want to, and I'm going to get you something. So, what do you want for Christmas?"

"Um...condoms?"

"...I mean, I know your size, but..."

"Well then you know which ones to get me."

"...Can I talk to Lilly?"

"Yeah, that'd be good. Lilly! Miss Deepthi wants to talk to you!"

"Hi, Miss Deepthi!"

"Hi, Lilly! How are you?"

"I'm good. Daddy and I started decorating the Christmas tree earlier, but we're taking a break now. He got tangled in the lights."

*laugh*

"Is he out now?"

"Yeah, but it took him an hour! He's not good at decorating."

"He does not sound good at decorating. But, speaking of Christmas, do you know what you want?"

"I really want the new Barbie house, the super tall one that's bigger than me. It's so pretty! And then I want princess dress up outfits, new Barbies, and outfits and accessories for them, and maybe a few stuffed animals."

"That's quite the list, but I'm sure Santa and his elves are hard at work to make sure you get those things!""

"Santa isn't real."

"...What?"

"I know he isn't. I never get anything I want for Christmas."

"What do you mean?"

"All I want is my dad home for Christmas, but he always puts me with a sitter because he has to work, and I just want him to be home with me! It's not fair! And I get things close to the toys I want, but they're never what I wanted."

"Lilly, I promise you that I'll get your dad home for Christmas this year. I promise. And you'll get the Barbie house."

"Will you come too? For Christmas, with me and my dad?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Okay...I'm going to give the phone back to my daddy. Bye, Miss Deepthi."

"Bye, Lilly..."

"Deepthi, before you say anything..."

"I wasn't planning on it. But you need to make it up to Lilly."

"I will, I promise."

"I have to go."

"Yeah..."

"I lo- I mean, take care, Leon."

"You too, Deepthi."

no more updates on this book until after december 20th, midterms are soon and i need to focus.