4

Zoe

I can't believe this.

I kicked the tyre of my car as yet another car sped by.

My car broke down in the middle of the highway and I've been trying to flag down one of the cars to see if they could help me since my phone had no signal.

The perfect damsel in distress. What a fücking cliché.

I checked my phone again. No service.

I briefly contemplated stepping in front of one of the cars arms akimbo. Now that will be fücking dramatic.

I jammed my hand in my hair in frustration. The heat was smothering and I wish I had the foresight to have put it up in a bun or a ponytail but I was so excited to see my niece I decided to dress feminine.

I was even wearing a pastel pink sundress and white sandals with little bows on the strap. Fücking cute.

Incase you haven't noticed, i curse a lot when I'm frustrated or mad.

I heard the purr of a power bike and I perked up. What were the odds of it being Lucas?. 0.5/100?.

Please let it be him.

The bike sped away with the driver not even sparring me with a glance. I slumped against my car in defeat.

I've perused the manual over and over again and I still have no clue about what was wrong with the fücking car.

I moved to the open hood and eyed it with distaste. I hate being helpless.

A shadow fell over me and I glance up to see a silver Audi slow down. Fi-fücking- nally.

The tinted window rolled down and the driver was revealed. Eli.

"Need help?"

My expression soured "no thanks"

He nodded, rolled up his window and sped off. My jaw dropped. That asshole!.

Eli

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel as I drove off. All she had to say was 'yes please'.

Spoiled Fucking princess.

My phone rang and I glanced absently at the caller ID. Neil.

I contemplated about not picking it up but immediately dismissed the idea. Life was literally too short.

I steeled myself against the familiar pang I always felt in my chest whenever I talked to Neil.

"Hello?"

"Do you know where Zoe is?"

I glowered at the phone "how would I know that?"

She sighed "look I'm sorry for setting you guys up. I don't know how long you expect me to keep apologising for that!. I just want you to be happy"

I softened a little "you don't have to apologise again. I know you meant well"

"As long as you do" she said dryly "you sure you don't know where she is?"

" How should I know?"

"Right right. Ava and I are worried about her is all. She was supposed to come babysit Paris an hour ago but she hasn't shown up and her number isn't going through"

I set my foot on the brake "what?"

Horns came all around from angry drivers. Whatever.