16

Eli

Two words. Two dreaded words got me into this damned uncomfortable position.

When Zoe came down the stairs this morning she was in a very good mood and the first words to leave her mouth was.

'Eli. We need to go grocery shopping.'

My brilliant response?. 'We?.'

Let me tell you this no guy wants to hear his girlfriend tell him to follow her to shop for groceries at 9 am on a Saturday.

Now shopping for lingerie? The damned best thing you could ask.

So here I am pushing an overflowing cart after her while watching her delicious derrière move in those ridiculously short shorts.

A finger snapped in front of my eyes "Eli?."

I blinked at her to see her scowling at me "focus would you?"

"Sorry" I mumbled "what did you say?."

"I asked if you prefer green tea to black."

Who the Fuck cares anyway?. I shrugged in response and she tossed the two in the cart.

"Do you want to get anything?"

"No. Are you" finally "done?."

She nodded and pointed to an overflowing cart beside the one I was pushing. When the bloody hell did she get that?.

I raised my brows at her "planning to feed an army?."

She rolled her eyes at me and muttering something under her breath she pushed her cart to check out.

And with a deep sigh I followed her.

The sales guy at check out glanced at our overflowing cart and his brow disappeared into his hair but he kept mute. Wise guy.

After a few minutes he calculated our total and I sighed in relief as I brought out my wallet to give him my card. We finally get to leave here.

Zoe raised her brow when I handed the guy my card and I shrugged.

"Take half the money there and the rest here" she said bringing out her card.

What the hell?. Insulted I snatched the card from her and kept it in my wallet.

"Eli!" She admonished.

"Take everything from my card" I told the guy who nodded and did as asked.

When he was done he had someone help with the cart Zoe was holding.

Thank God I decided to drive the SUV today. If I was driving my Venron there was no way in hell the groceries would fit.

Zoe

After loading the car Eli tipped the sales guy who helped us and we left.

I fumed silently as we drove back to Eli's place. I get that he's rich and all but that doesn't mean he has to pay for everything. I mean I'm loaded too but you don't see me flaunting my money everywhere.

"You're seriously mad I paid for groceries that's gonna be at my place?. Groceries that I'm gonna use?."

I scowled at him. Here he goes trying to make me feel unreasonable.

"Unbelievable" he muttered under his breath.

When he parked the car I got out slamming the door. Let him deal with his groceries.

"Zoe!" He called his voice surprisingly close. I whirled around to see him directly behind me.

"Come on you can't be mad about that."