10

Eli

I casually walk down the stairs with a smirk. I'm finally taking Zoe Taylor on a date.

Technically this would be our second date which meant only one more date before I can finally have her.

I can't fucking wait.

Just remembering the kiss we shared three days ago keeps me in a constant state of arousal.

I placed my hand on the doorknob to open the door but I froze. Literally. My hand wouldn't move.

I tried to apply pressure on the handle. Nothing. It's like I lost control of the muscles in my hand.

Heart in my mouth I released the doorknob. Immediately I did my knees buckled unable to support the weight of my body any longer.

I became a pool of jelly on the floor. I had no control over my body. My eyes stung but I rapidly blink to prevent the tears.

Why now? Why now that I'm finally becoming happy?.

I don't know how long I sat there helplessly, could be seconds, minutes or hours before I could finally twitch my fingers.

My skin broke out in sweats, simultaneously my head started pounding with a raging headache.

My vision blurred goosebumps appearing on my skin. My skin was hot but I was so cold.

I gritted my teeth against the mind numbing pain in my joints and I strained my eyes so I could see as I slowly, slowly crawled past the living room, up the stairs and to my room.

By the time I got into my bedroom I was shivering, my teeth chattering as sweat dripped down my back and forehead.

My hands shook as I opened the secret compartment under my desk and brought out my drugs.

I popped two in my mouth. With shaking hands I took the bottle of water I had stashed there in case of emergencies then I swallowed.

I closed my eyes to relief my aching eyes a little then I shakily took out my phone from my back pocket.

I manage to text Zoe hoping I sounded normal before I passed out the drug's effect already taking place.

Zoe

I paced across my living room in my ridiculously high heels as I waited for Eli to come pick me.

He texted me last night 'change of plans. Be ready by 5 pm.'

He was two hours late. Why the hell was I still dressed? I angrily took off my heels and was about to go wash off my make up when my phone pinged from the chair.

That better be him apologising. I picked up my phone to see one new message.

Eli (that guy 🙄): sorry have to canecl. Rain check? E.

No apology then. And he didn't even have the decency to spell cancel right. Canecl? What a joke.

I angrily put up my hair in a ponytail-hair that took me 30 minutes to perfect. I took off the body con dress marching to the bathroom to wash the makeup away.

Wait. It took me over an hour to get the makeup just right and I was about to wash it away?. Hell no.

I was going out.

I put my dress and heels back on and carefully dropped my hair from it's  ponytail. I checked the mirror to see if it was ruined.

It looked messy. Carelessly messy but beautiful. No longer artful, it looked even better than it did before. I smirked at my reflection. Time to paint the town red. His loss.