19

Zoe

We left the gun range earning a suspicious look from Shelby and went straight to the RV.

We took a shower together where we made love again.

Then I went to the spa.

The delivery guy met me there and gave me my dress then I gave him directions to the RV so he could give Eli his...costume.

I had a relaxing bath before leaving myself in the capable hands of the masseur. A female one. Eli insisted.

Feeling languid I walked home with my dress in a black protective nylon bag in my hand.

I gave Eli a quick kiss before locking myself in the bedroom.

''Get dressed out there'' I called to him.

''Why can't we get dressed together?.'' He asked his voice sounding muffled through the thick door.

''Because then you wouldn't get the stunning effect of the dress.''

''Seeing you naked stuns me.'' He replied.

I rolled my eyes ''you're such a man.''

I took off my clothes and took a quick shower. After rubbing on a lotion I wore a robe and sat in front of the vanity mirror to attack my hair.

After one and a half painstaking hour I finally got my hair the right kind of curly.

Then I worked on makeup. Just the barest minimum. Foundation,mascara,eyeliner,and a bright red lipstick.

There probably wasn't eyeshadow or contour in the 1800s.

''Are you still alive in there?'' Eli called ''it's been two hours already. We're no longer fashionably late but just plain late.''

I rolled my eyes at him. We left the gun range early so I got to the spa around 1.

It's probably just after 4.

''I'm almost done.''

I took out my dress. Instead of fastenings that women had in their dresses in the 1800s,mine had a hidden zip in the back.

I put on underwear and quickly slipped into the dress that. It fit snugly.

I opened the closet and put on a pair of silver flats and my feet disappeared under the flowing gown.

I put on the matching shimmery cloak and with a deep breath unlocked the door.

''Ready?.'' I asked Eli teasingly.

''I was ready two hours ago.'' Was his snarky reply.

20

His eyes widen comically.

"Fuck. I think we should ditch the bloody festival."

I smirk "You like it?"

"You look like a wet dream straight from the 80s. I can't wait to unwrap you"

"Good luck finding the zip."

"Fuck" he breath.

When we got to the faire it was already full blown.

It was taking place in a large private field, with a thick block fence surrounding it. On both sides of the fence –with the large wrought iron gates between- were banners announcing the faire.