Prologue

Hello everyone, so I asked my mom to look over my work and she made me realize that my prologue might be a little confusing to some of you as readers. So I redid it and hope its not as confusing and hope you like the new due.

___________________________________

Prologue

I’m sitting here in my bedroom listening to the sound of thunder outside along with our two dogs, Missy and Cujo. My parents yelling once again because either one of them is drunk or the other has come home smelling like some cheap tramp they met out on some corner. My room is in complete darkness something that for once in my life I am grateful for. It’s now summer vacation which means my mate Josh and his few friends aren’t going to be bothering me much, for which I am truly thankful for.

I got up to look out the very tiny window that was provided for me so that I could look out and see what I was missing. My father installed it and laughed the entire time due to the fact I was only five feet and four inches tall and he put the window in just and inch taller than me so I would have to stand on my tippy toes.

I looked down at myself and wanted to cry because they were right I was fat. I weighed two hundred and thirty pounds but it didn’t matter to the boys because according to them all women looked the same in the dark. My hair was black as night and the only other color were my eyes which were green with a little bit of hazel in them.

My favorite color was black but I also liked red as well. I guess that was due to all the times I was cut or stabbed by one of my family members. I had gotten the clue no one would doctor me up so I learned at a very early age to either fix me or I was going to die. All my family were werewolves but me and to be honest I thought it was one of the reasons I was bullied.

The night of your fifteenth birthday is the day your wolf comes out and you change into a werewolf. Unfortunately I was the first in my pack history not to change, I was the only human in a pack of wolves. But it really didn’t matter to much since there were only a handful of the pack who actually knew about me.

I kept hoping that my brother and sister who were only about a year older than me would someday wake up and realize that they should be the ones to protect me but it never happened and I doubted it ever would. Every day I was abused, emotionally, mentally, physically, and when I got to be about the age of twelve sexually. The worst part was is that not only did my brother Chris encourage it but sometimes he would video tape it for the others to watch later so they could laugh over and over again at my screams and my begs. My sister Sarah would just leave the room unless they were going to beat me but that was the only thing she would do was yell, scream, rant, and beat on me till I would pass out.

I knew it was time for me to go, everyone had left the house and my drunken father for once had forgotten to lock my bedroom door. I knew it would be now or never so I went to the one place that was mine. I went into the closest and lifted a piece of loose floor and brought out the little red box my other brother Derek had given me. I also grabbed the five thousand dollars I had managed to hide and save from the rest of my family because I knew if they had found it I would have been beaten even worse for keeping it from them.

Once I grabbed my bag I ran out of my room and went straight to my father’s office and went to his safe and grabbed another five grand and quickly ran out of the house. I knew I only had a short window since everyone went on their monthly run. I quickly ran to the pack house and left a note that said:

To whoever reads this,

You may or may not know me but my name is Lizzy Longhorn and I’m done with this sad excuse of a pack. Try to find me and I will kill you. You were supposed to protect me not hurt me and I hope with everything inside of me that all of you die the most painful death out there. May rouges attack and wipe the floor with you.

With eternal sadness,

Lizzy

P.S.

Tell Josh my MATE to screw off and die

May 22, 2008

I taped the note to the pack houses door knowing the Alpha would be the last to reach it along with his son Josh. Once it was done I ran the opposite way praying I would be able to leave the pack before they got back.

I was just about to hit the edge of the packs territory when I heard the howl. The only thing I would miss from this pack was already dead and that was my older brother Derek. That’s when I knew they got my letter and I smiled as I crossed the line knowing that whoever tried to follow me would end up as a rouge and none of the members of that pack would ever risk becoming a rouge.