Chapter One

Im starting this out slow to see how it goes but i will post each chapter as I finish it :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

It's been one whole week since I had left my family and my pack behind. I could still feel the connection with Josh, but hopefully with time it would go away or at least let it go numb. My pack was in Ashland California. A small town surrounded by tons of forest. Ironically it's a wolf preserve for us wolfs. I left the note taped to the refrigerator knowing that it would be the first place anyone would find it. My room was the attic and for once in my life I felt free.

Since I couldn't shift I was walking when I could and hitch hiking my way to the other side of the United States. I didn't want them to come find me and try to drag me back. Not that I thought they would. I knew hitch hiking wasn't my best idea in the whole world but it got me where I needed to go. All I wanted was a fresh start. Where I wasn't hearing names like fatty, slave, whore, slut, or worse unlovable.

I throughout the cell phone they gave me as soon as I hit San Diego because I didn't want them to find me in anyway shape or form. Now I'm in Junction City, Kansas. I just waved to a really nice truck driving couple who picked me up about 40 miles out of San Diego. I'm looking around the chevron gas station and see I'm also in a Wal-Mart shopping center. The couple gave me about $200.00 and said god told them to help those who needed it the most and apparently they picked me. It brought my total amount of cash to ten grand and two hundred dollars. I went to the Wal-Mart to ask for the nearest and cheapest motel which of course was just down the street a little bit of way and bought a few supplies and called a cab to get me there. I was really nervous because I was only 15 would they even rent to me.

But I guess I shouldn't have worried because the old lady at the counter saw me and rushed the paper work through and next thing I knew I was in a room with a hot meal in front of me. And for the first night in a long time I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

The phone woke me scaring me some. For one quick second I was afraid they had found me. Yet when I picked it up it was just the six am wakeup call I had requested. I got up and grabbed the new black jeans and a black tea shirt that said "You talking to me", and of course my granny panties or so I have them called and my bra and went to take a shower. I knew it was stupid of me to be afraid of them finding me but I wasn't willing to take any chances.

Once I was dressed I packed up the rest of my stuff and headed to the grey hound but station that the lady was nice to order online for me when I told her I would give her the money back. I feel bad but for the life of me I couldn't remember her name and that makes me feel guilty. Like I'm one of them.

I got to the bust station in the nick of time got my tickets printed out and was on my way to Georgia. Had no idea why I was going there but it seemed far enough for me to feel somewhat safe? Once on the bus the hottest and I do mean hottest guy I had ever seen walked up to me and asked if he could sit next to me. I was so shocked all I could do was scoot over and nod. And for most of the trip that how we sat silent. But for once I didn't get the creepy vibe. About half way into our trip we started to play 20 questions.

How old are you. I asked because I really wanted to know.

Im 19 years old and you? He responded.

I thought about lying about my age but I couldn't do it.

I'm 15 years old, you got a problem with that.

He shook his head and laughed and for once I felt happy.

After the entire question's we asked we played I spy, or how many beers left on the wall.

It made the trip fun for me. He got off at Atlanta Georgia and I waved good bye. But before I could do anything he leaned up face to face and kissed my cheek and slipped something in my hand. I watch him go and grab his stuff and as soon as I saw him leave he said his name was Darren and to call him sometime.

When I got to the apartment I rented I was truly happy to be on my own. No pack to harass and hurt me, no mate to remind me off all the reasons he didn't want me. Just me, I grabbed my phone and found Daren' number and text him asking him out to dinner.

If only I knew now what I was getting myself into when I agreed to the date I would have run away while I still had the chance.