Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I woke up seeing a blinding white light. Had I finally died like I wanted to. I know what you're probably thinking why I didn't just use the knife on Darren. Well truth is I'm not a killer for one and it would have just made him mad. I blinked my eyes a couple of times and that's when I heard someone else in the room.

"Its ok sweetie you're in the hospital."

I looked around and that's when I noticed a nurse checking my vital signs.

It's a good thing the EMT's found you when they did or you wouldn't be here.

I looked at her funny because not only did my wrist hurt but so did my chest.

I croked out "what happened to me"

I could tell she was debating on whether or not to tell me. "Well you have seventeen stab wounds, fifteen cuts and your wrist were cut as well."

"What's the last thing you remember hun?" She asked

I closed my eyes and said "I remember cutting my wrist's then passing out."

"Well it seems someone heard you crying out for help out on your porch and called 911. You were lucky that the man who did this to you didn't kill you."

I cried silently because I swore after I left my pack I would never let anyone see me cry again.

"How old are you hun and what's your name?"

I knew I had to lie to her so my pack couldn't find me.

"My name is Anna Park and I'm 18 years old."

I turned over and went back to sleep.

A few hours later I was woken up to voices in my room.

"Is she a werewolf?" One asked

"I'm not sure she heals like one but all I can smell is humane." Another said.

"Well we need to find out see if any of the other packs are missing a girl with this description." The first one said.

"Yes sir, what will you tell the alpha?" The second one said.

"I will tell him I killed the rouge who nearly tried to kill this young woman." The first one said.

"And if the girl is one of us and no one has reported her missing?" The second one said.

"Then it's up to the alpha to decide her fate." The first one said.

I stayed silient keeping my breathing even so they wouldn't know I heard them. I waited till I heard them leave the room. As soon as they were gone I got up slowly out of bed looking for something to wear. I found a new night gown and threw that on and was about to open the door to leave when the doctor came in. I grabbed the closest thing to me which was a lamp and smashed it into his head. I whispered sorry to the doc and crept out of my room. I could feel my heart nearly beating out of my chest.

I was done with losers who thought they could run my life and treat me like crap. I didn't know what I was anymore human or werewolf. But I did know I needed to get out of here before they found me gone. At least Darren was dead so I was finally free from him.

I finally made it out of the hospital and found a cab waiting outside so I slid in and begged him to take me away from here. He took me back to my home for free. I got out and went inside afraid of what I might find.

"I wondered how long it would take you to break out of there." A voice behind me said.

And for the second time in my life I screamed and then passed out.