Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I was still sleeping when I felt a hand touch my right shoulder and then the next thing I knew I was being shaken awake like a damn rag doll and I started to growl loudly for I never was a morning person.

Whoever was shaking me stopped and I slowly opened my eyes, and I should have known who it was. I had forgotten that was the way my father would wake me up when I was little.

“What the hell Derek?” I growled at him

“Well I thought since you passed out before nine at night and it is now after two pm I thought I should wake you up.” He spoke with a wide smirk on his face

I gave him my death glare look that I had perfected and even he took a step back without realizing it. I could have said something since he was an alpha but I let it go, for now.

“Come on its time to rise and shine and start your training Lizzy Mae.” He spoke more seriously this time.

I gave him an odd look wondering why the training but he wasn’t paying attention to me anymore. His eyes were facing outside my window and then I heard it, the howl our kind would release after we had to burry one of our own.

“Did I do something that I should be saying sorry for Derek?” I asked him quickly

I had jumped out of my bed and went to him and looked outside as well. I had to admit I had a damn pretty good view from here. I could see the mountains, the water from the river that seemed to be right outside and if I looked to the right is where I could see all the men and a very few of the women trained.

I was shocked and amazed that he let even one female train, but from what I could see from my bedroom there were a total of eight women training with the men. It seemed my father believed in equal rights when it came to the females of our kind. To say I was proud of him would have been an understatement but proud I was none the less.

“All you did kiddo is send my brother to some black hole to receive his punishment. No this happened later, we found one of the guards that I had posted outside dead and mangled.” He said

I watched him as he lifted up his right hand to run it through his hair and down his face finally landing on the bridge of his nose and holding it there. He looked frustrated, upset, and disappointed with himself.

I was a few months shy of turning sixteen but I had seen more than anyone one humane, werewolf, vampire, or any other supernatural creature had seen. So I felt like I owed my father some advice that hopefully he would listen to.

“Derek for most of my life you weren’t there for me, you have no idea what I went through and to be honest I don’t even want to talk about it. Yet it wasn’t your fault, you trusted your parents to take care of me.” I said

“And you point being because so far you only have succeeded in making me feel worse than I already do Lizzy Mae.” He growled at me

“The point being is that you’re an alpha so suck it up. People are going to die and you’re going to have to realize this now but you can’t save everyone in your damn pack.” I growled and then shoved him out of my way so I could get changed.

I was trying to be helpful and all I got was a freaking growl. He needed to grow the hell up and quickly because I remembered the dream I had from last night and in part of my dream I saw that guard get killed by something in the shadows. I had no idea what it meant but I did know one thing, trouble was coming.

As I was getting ready I heard my door slam and Derek was yelling at my mother about me needing to treat him with more respect. He was my alpha and all that freaking bull crap. If he kept this up then he was going to get a rude awakening from me that he wasn’t going to like.