Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

You know those days were you wish you could disappear and no one would notice you gone? Well I was having one of these days. For the last two weeks since the death of their pretend alpha one by one have been coming up to me asking what I was going to do with them now.

Honestly the only thing I was changing was the training. I had found out on the first day the only females that were allowed to train were what that imposter declared anyone ugly and mate less could learn how to fight.

The other question that kept popping up was what I was going to do with the body I had put in the walk in freezer. I couldn’t say his name well either of his names because I was still hurting and although I let a few tears escape I hadn’t allowed myself to grieve.

All I knew was it was now closer to my sixteenth birthday, in fact I only had ten more days and I was worried. I didn’t want this pack broken up and I was scared to ask for their help.

Because even though Michael and Clara helped me kill him they both said they didn’t want the title. It was making my head hurt because to be honest I never thought that I deserved this position.

I sensed Michael coming up behind me and rubbed his face in the crook of my neck where he wanted to bite me to prove to everyone that I was his, but I couldn’t let him. I knew he had a mate somewhere out there and I couldn’t do that to her.

He thought I was insane for thinking that way and Clara thought if I stayed with him I would get my heart broken when he left me for his mate. I knew that but for once I was following my heart. I just wanted a little bit of time with him, it would be worth the broken heart.

I just let him continue because when I was in his arms I forgot the crazy ness around me and it help heal a small part of me and for that alone I would be eternally grateful to him for life. Just as I was about to suggest us continuing this in a more private place my doors flew open to reveal my grandmother who I had been ignoring pretty much since she arrived.

I felt Michael move his arms off of me and heard him leave the office I had been using and I let out a loud sigh and finally looked up to this woman who claimed to be my grandmother that I knew nothing about.

“Why have you been ignoring me since my arrival? First of all its completely rude and second of all I have done nothing to deserve this from you young lady.” She spoke harshly

After hearing her rant I didn’t care if I was being rude or not. I just wanted to be left alone in peace.

“First of all I don’t know a thing about you lady, and second of all I don’t care if I’m being rude or not. See the thing is family has a sick way of showing how much they care about me. So in a way I’m done with it, I’m done with you, and I’m done with Clara and anyone else claiming to be family.” I spoke calmly but you could hear the steel in my voice as I spoke.

“Yes I had heard you had a hard childhood and then you were attacked by a rouge vampire. I know everyone around you that says your family has some way hurt you but get to know me before you make your judgment call.” She said in a small voice.

I was about to laugh my ass of when I noticed there was fire inside her eyes. She was being polite to me when she felt anger towards me which had me confused. I was about to answer when my door opened and there was Clara.

She looked like crap and this was the first time she had come out of her room. The only time you didn’t hear her cry was when she cried herself to sleep. But when she noticed me she got angry probably because I looked so well put together and maybe because I had a bored look on my face.