Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I had backed away from both Clara my mother and Derek my father. I needed time to breath and to accept that my life had been one big lie after another. I had no idea where to go from here. I could feel my entire body shaking even with my eyes closed it hurt to be in the same room with them.

Just as I was about to speak Clara spoke first.

“Can I have a place in your life?” She asked and I could hear the pain and suffering in her voice.

I opened my eyes and was about to speak when I heard a blood curdling scream. I was so shocked that I finally had looked up from the floor to my parents when I realized that the scream came from me.

The next thing I knew I was on the floor screaming my head off. I was so scared and in so much pain it was unbearable. I could feel each of my bones in my body breaking piece by piece. I could feel my body changing in ways that I didn’t think were possible.

In the back ground I could hear my mother and my father and yes I was ready to accept them in my life once again trying to calm me down. But it wasn’t working. I could feel myself losing control over my body and it was making me freak out even more.

I felt someone touch my body and it felt like daggers going into my body which made me scream even more. I knew both Derek and Clara were frightened for me. I had finally figured it out, I was changing into my wolf.

But it was too early for that, I still had months away to prepare for it. But it seemed like fate wasn’t on my side today.

As I was just about to pass out from the pain I heard a voice call out from the darkness.

“It will be ok we are here for you, just let go.”

And that’s exactly what I did. I let go of the pain, I let go of the worry, and let the darkness consume me. My last thought was “I’m sorry.”

~~

I looked up when I heard the scream and saw Derek rush to our daughter. I couldn’t believe it she was changing right here, right now and we had no idea why.

I moved closer to her trying to comfort her and telling her to relax. I looked up and saw tears coming out of Derek’s eyes as he watched our daughter go through this painful experience. But at least we were with her, she had two people who loved her more than life itself.

For what seemed like years but in reality only hours she finally calmed down to whimpers. I could tell just from looking at Derek he was afraid of losing our daughter right when he got her back.

We both had missed so much of her life it seemed and Derek still hadn’t told us his side. Like why was Lizzy alone for so long. And the only reason I knew she was alone was because I recognized that pain.

I knew how it felt to be surrounded by people and being invisible.

The only thing I could think of was to call my father and maybe just maybe he would have the answers I seeked.

I moved away from Lizzy just long enough to get my purse. Derek didn’t even move a mussel. I took out my cell phone with shaky hands and opened it up to see that I had fifty missed calls all from my father.

As I was about to call him Derek grabbed my hand.

“Who are you calling?” he asked me and I could tell it hurt him to talk.

I looked up and saw his eyes had changed to black. His wolf had taken over again.

“I’m calling my father, I’m hoping he can give us answers to save our child.” I spoke softly.