11] preparations

~YOUR POV~

~YOUR POV~

falling into you- hillsong young & free

"Okay, spill! I'm dying to know the details," you said the second you and Mia arrived back at the house. It was so late, but you weren't tired. You were too hyped up on all the emotions and excitement of the night. After all, Hoseok had given you the sweetest goodnight kiss and you were still blushing from it.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mia played dumb, kicking her shoes off by the door before throwing herself down on the couch, letting out a big sigh.

"Why are you making me work hard for this? Obviously, I'm talking about you and Kai," you gave her a knowing look and sat down in the adjacent living room chair.

"Oh, that."

"Yeah, that," you narrowed your eyes at her, "C'mon, I'm so curious. Hoseok and I were shocked when we saw you guys alone together."

"Speaking of Hoseok, what exactly happened with you guys when you disappeared off down the beach?"

"Don't turn this back on me," you chuckled, "I'll tell you about Hoseok and me when you spill about Kai!"

"Ugh, fine," she began reluctantly. "We may have sort of hit it off..."

"I knew it! What happened?"

"Well, I was just helping Kaylen sort through the fireworks when Kai suddenly appeared to help us both, like we weren't capable of sorting through the box on our own," she laughed.

"Sounds like Kai. He's super overprotective of Kaylen, and I think having him out on the beach like that at night makes him nervous."

"I thought they all night surfed together?"

"They won't let Kaylen come. Well, I guess it's really just Kai who won't let him come. He acts like a helicopter parent."

"That's not necessarily always a bad thing," Mia shrugged.

"Are you defending him right now?" you gushed, "You have a crush don't you?"

"Anyway, we started casually small-talking," Mia continued, ignoring your question as a hint of blush overcame her cheeks.

"You small-talked with Kai?"

"Why, is that weird?"

"Kai's generally not the small-talk type. He must be into you if he struck up a conversation without being prompted to do so," you smirked.

"Stop looking at me like that!"

"So what happened then? How did you guys end up alone?"

"He asked if I wanted to go walk along the water."

"HE DID WHAT?"

Mia was blushing even harder than she was before, "It's not a big deal."

"This is Kai we're talking about here! 'I-Hate-Everyone-That's-Not-Kaylen-Or-Hoseok-Or-Lea- Kai!"