13] on your shoulder

~HOSEOK'S POV~

~HOSEOK'S POV~

Just as he had promised, Hoseok showed up to your house along with Kai at four A.M. sharp. It was still dark outside, but he could see you and Mia sitting on the front steps due to the porch light. You both had your heads resting in your hands, looking half asleep, your bags sitting on the steps. The image of you looking so cute and sleepy made him smile, and he opened the car door in the backseat, motioning for you two to come climb in.

"Let's go get their bags for them," Kai said, turning the car off.

Hoseok met you on the sidewalk, gushing at your sleepy eyes. "Good morning, cutie."

"You're such a flirt," you yawned as Hoseok took the bag you had slung over your shoulder.

"I know," he said with a smirk, carrying the luggage alongside Kai who was carrying Mia's stuff so it could be stowed in the trunk of the car.

"It's too early," Mia complained, "I didn't even have time for my coffee." She sat in the front seat beside Kai, and you climbed into the back with Hoseok just as you had all done when going to Safeway before.

"I brought you a coffee," Kai said, holding a travel mug out to Mia.

"You're a lifesaver," Hoseok could see her grin before the lights in the car faded out. He was glad to see Kai so clearly infatuated with a girl as nice as Mia. He deserved to be happy after everything he'd been through in his life.

"I brought you some Froot Loops and a coffee, too," Hoseok said to you, pointing to the cup holder and the seatback pocket where he had put your breakfast.

"Thank you," you smiled sleepily.

"I figured you might need some caffeine."

"You figured right."

Kai started the car since everyone was situated, beginning off down the road to go to Lea's house so they could follow Kai's car to Princeville.

It was completely dark outside apart from the moon, and Hoseok could tell how drowsy you were, especially now that the car was moving.

"Why don't you go back to sleep?" he offered, wanting you to be comfortable and to feel well-rested before the day's crazy adventure truly began.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be bored during this car ride. It's super long, right?" you said, but another yawn gave you away.

"Here," he quickly unbuckled and slid over to the middle seat before buckling back up so you could rest your head on his shoulder. "Rest, Y/N. I'll wake you up a little while before we get there so you can eat."

You didn't say anything, and he couldn't see your face, so for a moment, he was unsure if you were going to accept the offer or not.

But then, you were resting against him, one of your hands reaching to hold his.