12] in the morning

falls (featuring sasha sloan) - odeza

~YOUR POV~

You and Hoseok spent the remainder of the 45-minute drive to Lihue eavesdropping on Kai and Mia while texting each other about everything they said. Honestly, it made the car ride go by rather quickly, and it was fun to tease the two of them about their blossoming relationship. Hoseok was trying hard not to push Kai's buttons, however, because he didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable about getting close to someone.

Lea, Felix, and Kaylen were directly behind the truck you were in, so everyone was able to arrive at Safeway at exactly the same time. You all managed to snag a few parking spots close to the entrance.

"So what exactly do we have to buy?" you asked, unbuckling your seatbelt as you waited on Kai to turn off the car and unlock the doors.

"Quite a few things, actually. Camping gear, food, new camera batteries, sunscreen. A bunch of general stuff like that. We already have some things back at the house, but there's a lot of people going so we need to make sure we have enough gear for everyone," Hoseok explained. Everyone got out of the car shortly after.

"How was the car ride?" Lea walked up to you, a knowing smile spreading across her face.

"Oh, it was interesting. I didn't know Kai could be such a delightful person," you said quietly, so he wouldn't overhear.

"Tell me all about it later, yeah?"

"For sure."

Once Kaylen and Felix joined up with the rest of the group, everyone headed inside. The store was large and clean and barely had anybody else there. It was the middle of a workday for most people, and it was likely that the only other shoppers were people in Kauai on vacation. It seemed like the perfect place to gather everything necessary for the soon-to-come adventure, but you felt a twinge of apprehension.

Even though you had brought a large sum of money to Hawaii with you since you knew you wouldn't be able to have a job, that money was limited. You wondered how much all the gear would cost, and how the bill would be split between everyone. You didn't want to bring it up, though, because you didn't want to be that person. You weren't stingy with finances, but you had to remain realistic in the sense that the dollars in your bank account weren't exactly unlimited.

"So, I wrote out a list for every one of the things they'll need, and I've sent it in a group message. I guess we can all split up, grab the supplies, and meet back here when we're done?" That was Lea, pointing to her phone to prompt everyone to look at theirs and find the list.

New Message from Lea:

-backpack

-metal water bottle

-sleeping bag

-flashlight

-batteries