15] pineapple pajamas

~HOSEOK'S POV~

~HOSEOK'S POV~

The way back through the trail was a struggle. When Hoseok's arms got tired he switched places with Kai, and when Felix's arms got tired, he switched places with him. They were moving back through the trail much quicker than they had first gone through it, the feeling of a bleeding Kaylen in their arms motivation to move quicker.

When he wasn't carrying Kaylen he was holding your hand, terrified that Kaylen had gotten hurt but yet grateful that no one else did as well. He was feeling incredibly guilty as well, for he was the one that invited Kaylen into the water in the first place.

Everyone was quiet and serious, except for the occasional few words spoken to Kaylen to make sure he was still awake. They wanted him to not pass out if at all possible.

He lost track of time while on that trail. He didn't know how long it took them to get back, but it was several hours. However, when they approached the final mile before finally being back at their cars, they ran into several people who were starting the hike. They warned the people who asked if they needed help to stay out of the water and to be more careful than the group had been.

Hoseok felt shame. He should've known better. They all should've known better.

"Lea, run to the cars and call an ambulance, please," Felix said. Hoseok and he were carrying Kaylen down the last stretch of rocks before entering the parking lot. It was incredibly steep and difficult to maneuver with sore legs, not to mention while carrying a teenager in their arms. 

Lea did as she was told, and quickly made her way down the rocks and to the parking lot.

"We're almost there, okay? Hang in there," Hoseok said to the younger boy who's color had drained out of his face. He was still awake, though, which gave Hoseok some hope that maybe, by some miracle, Kaylen would be okay.

When they finally reached the parking lot, they carefully laid Kaylen down in the bed of the truck while they anxiously waited for the ambulance to arrive. Hoseok's arms were cramping and sore, and he felt sick to his stomach. Nobody was talking; nobody knew what to say.

It only took ten minutes for the ambulance to arrive, and Hoseok felt a sense of minor relief at the fact that trained professionals were finally here to help.

"I'm going with him," Kai didn't ask the paramedics, but he told them.

"That's fine," they said as the loaded him up onto a stretcher.

"Lea, come with me," Kai said, "Please, come with me." At that point, it sounded more like he was pleading. Like he didn't want to do this alone. Like he couldn't do it alone.

Felix pressed a kiss to Lea's forehead before letting her go, watching as she climbed into the ambulance alongside Kai. The doors shut, and the ambulance was off.