1 : moving in

unedited-

Y/N

I was quickly making my way down the road, passing many faces and people. I was on my way to work at a small neighborhood bar called Samuels. There, I work for a bit higher than minimum wage, but it wasn't enough to support myself in a house, so I crashed at a friend's place.

I could see the bar in the distance, so I fastened my place to make it there on time. I pulled a piece of paper out of my back pocket that said "Looking for roommate" before pushing the heavy door open and walking behind the counter, ready to start the night shift.

-

It was almost closing time. The whole place was empty, well, besides me. I thought nobody else would come, so I turned the open sign on the door around to say 'closed' and sat down at the bar, pouring myself a glass of vodka and cranberry juice. I took a small sip before setting it down to think a bit.

My situation was bad. I was involved in something that wasn't my choice, and there's no way out of it. One day, it'll get me, and my life will be over. On top of that, I can't find a roommate, and I can barely support myself

I picked up the glass and heard a knocking sound.

I set the glass down and turned around, slightly annoyed. Behind the glass door was a man in a blue hoodie. He had the same expression as me and was slightly confused about why the bar was closed before the normal time. But he had no eyes.

I got up and unlocked the door. He stepped in and walked to the bar. I walked behind the counter and finished my drink.

"Thank you." He said. I looked over at him.

"You're welcome. What would you like to drink." I said, kinda blandly. He didn't take a moment to think, as he answered immediately with Smirnoff. I poured him a drink and quickly set it in front of him.

"I'm Tom," he stated.

"I'm Y/N."

-

Half an hour passed.

During that time, we talked a bit. He seemed pretty cool. I asked about his eyes, he said it was 'classified.' He asked about my silver eyes, so I responded "It's classified."

"Well, it was nice," he said as he laid a $20 bill on the counter," but I need to get back to my roommates."

Roommates, I thought. He stood up and walked to the door.

I cleared my throat loudly to get his attention. He sighed and turned around.

"What?" He waited impatiently as I looked at the paper I put on the counter before work hours, then back at him continuously. A couple seconds later, he caught on.

"Ughhhh... Fine." He said.

"Yess!" I ran to the back room to grab my backpack which held my phone, clothes, shoes, charger, headphones, and my wallet. I ran out and turned the open sign to a closed again and locked the door.

"Ok, lead the way, Tom!"

-

I knocked on the door. I heard voices from inside.

"Matt get the door"

"No, you're closer!"

Tom stepped in front of me. He opened the door and started yelling at them.

"Guys we have a new roomate!"

Way to be forward.

"We have a new roommate," Tom repeated to the two boys.

"But Tom! This place is already crowded." The ginger whined. Tom looked annoyed.

"Sorry, Tom you should of asked them first now that I think about it," I commented. One of the boys looked up at me.

"Yeah Tom, I mean you should have asked first. I'm fine with her here, but you should have asked," The other guy said.

"Sorry, Edd," Tom apologized.

"Well are you gonna introduce us?" The ginger asked.

"That's Matt." Tom pointed to a tall guy with a purple hoodie. On top of that was a green overcoat. He wore blue jeans and his hair was a ginger orange color. He had blue eyes and freckles sprinkled his skin.

"And that's Edd." He pointed to a shorter guy, with a green hoodie. he had brown hair, and looked pretty friendly.

"Ok," I said. "Where do I sleep?" I asked Tom.

He sighed, and thought for a little bit.

"Well you can either sleep on the couch or on the floor in one of our rooms," Tom said.

I looked down at the couch. It looked... kinda uncomfortable. Leather.

"I'll sleep on the floor I guess."

"Cool, I'll help get you set up, and you can sleep in Tom's room," Edd stated.

I smiled at him. I felt tired, Exausted. Ready for sleep. Tom nodded, and made his way through the hall and up the stairs.

I followed him, stepping up the stairs and into a room.

"So this is my room. you'll be sleeping there," Tom pointed to the carpet next to his bed. "Is that ok?"

"Yeah it's good."