10 : the talk

//Y/N//

I woke up in Toms' bed, as usual. But something was different.

My arms were wrapped around his shirtless body.

I feel my face heat up as my head starts to race. Usually, I would have jumped up and slapped him in the face, but I just sat there.

What was that feeling? It felt so unfamiliar...

I decided to confront Edd about it. I slowly removed my arms from him and sat up. I look towards Thomas, then down at my hands.

I heard a quiet footstep as Toms door creaked open a crack. I quickly look towards the door to see someone popping their head in.

Edd.

He was smirking and holding his phone up, obviously taking photos. He looked at me and started silently giggling. He quickly stepped out as I whispered, "I'm legit gonna kill you, Edd..."

I quickly jumped up and ran out the door and followed Edd. He ran into his room as I ran across the hallway after him.

"EDD IM GONNA KILL YOU!" I yell as I step into his room. I look around the room to see Edd quickly tapping his fingers on his phone, cowering in the corner of the room. He looked up from his phone and smirked. He taped one last time and stood up. He threw his phone onto his bed.

"Too late!" He said and walked past me.

I picked up his phone and turned it on. Pictures of me and Tom cuddling were shown on some messaging app. Just then, I heard Matt running down the hallway screaming, "OOOOOOOHHHHH I SHIP IT!"

I look down at Edds phone again and read who he sent them to.

Matt.

My face turned red as Edd screamed, "I KNOW RIGHT?!" I ran towards the stairs but ran into something. I almost fell down the stairs, but something stopped me.

//Tom//

"OOOOOOOHHHHH I SHIP IT!"

"I KNOW RIGHT?!"

I shot up from my bed. Y/N wasn't next to me, so I open my door and stepped out. Just then, Y/N ran into me, obviously not paying attention to where she was going.

I grabbed her right before she fell backward down the stairs. Her eyes closed tightly as she flinched, waiting for impact. But it never came.

I looked down at her in my arms as she slowly opened her eyes.

"O-oh..." she said as her face turned red. I smirked.

"What's going on?" I ask as she stands up normally.

"N-nothing! Nothing at all, Thomas!" She stuttered. She... sounded cute while stuttering.

I smiled as she rushed down the stairs after Edd.

"SHE'S STUTTERIN-" Y/N literally launched herself down the stairs.

"EDD I SWEAR TO GOD YOU LITTLE SHIT GET OVER HERE!" She yelled as she chased him around the house. I stepped down the stairs to the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab the Smirnoff. I pop the cap open as I hear Matt screech from the living room.

"gAHHHH GET HER OFF OF ME!!" I peer around the wall separating the kitchen from the living room.

Matt was on the ground, with Y/N sitting on his back.

"SHE'S HEAVIER THAN SHE LOOKS, NOW HELP ME EDD," Matt yelled. I snickered as I turned back to to close the fridge. I grabbed my flask from the kitchen cabinet and filled it with Smirnoff. I put the Smirnoff back in the fridge and went back to my room.

I shut the door and sat down on my bed.

//Y/N//

I was sitting on Matt's back as Edd was attempting to pull me off. Tom walked up the stairs as I got off Matt. Edd let go of me.

"Heyyyy Y/N...." he said.

"What."

"Truth or dare." Edd looked at me with a smirk. I knew he had something up his sleeve.

"Truth."

"Dang it." Edd sighed. "Do you like Tom?"

I looked at him.

"Do I have to answer that truthfully," I said.

"Mmmmm yes," Edd answered gleefully.

"I mean... I guess I do..."

"Oooooohhhh tell himmmmmm," Matt gawked.

"Maybe later. I have some other matters to attend to." I said as I got up.

"You better tell him eventually."

"I don't know..." I said as I walked up the stairs to Tom's room.

I opened the door and step in. Tom was laying on the bed looking at the ceiling.

"Hey, Tom?" I say to get his attention. He looked at me and sat up.

"Yeah?" I look at him and sit in the beanbag chair on the other side of the room.

"Don't you think we're going to have to tell Edd and Matt eventually?" I'm sure he knew what I was talking about.

"I... don't know..." Tom answered slowly. I started cracking my knuckles out of nervousness.

Suddenly, the room felt smaller. I felt closer to him than I have ever felt before.

He got up and sat on the floor in front of me. Tom pat the area in front of him, and I took my seat there.

"I've never been able to connect with someone like you before," He finally said. "Or anyone before. The only person I was ever close to was Edd."

"Huh..."

"I didn't know there were others... like me," He said. "I felt so alone. There wasn't anyone else I could talk to about my monster side without risking my life."

"Me too..."I started breathing a bit heavier.

"Thank you..."

"What did I do?" I asked. I look down at my feet.

"Thank you for being here. Thanks for not leaving me alone. I really mean it." I looked back up at him. Small tears filled the edges of his ink-like black eyes.

"You're welcome... I guess." I'm too awkward to think of a better answer. We had a minute or two of silence.

"So how long have you been part monster?" I asked.

"About four years ago, I was exposed to some sort of radioactive shit. I don't really know," He replied. "You?"

"I was born this way." Things got quiet again.

For a while, actually.

Just stuck with our thoughts.

Until I fell asleep.