Chapter 5 - ハンター 試験 | パート2

N. E. N. POV

After laughing a bit from Hiroe's answer, Gon explained how he was searching for his father, which was also a Hunter.

That piqued my interest.

Can someone love so much that they would go around the world searching for a person?

Very interesting indeed.

I mean, he never met him, did he? And he stills want to see him...

What a pure heart.

I smiled lightly, enjoying the scene before me.

Hiroe and her friends were running together while smiling and laughing...

A bitter feeling filled my throat. My mouth was dry and my stomach felt heavy. Was I jealous? Jealous of my puppets, enjoying their lives more than I did?

I silently sighed and flew over to Kotono. She was in a discussion with Blondie. From the small bits of conversation I heard, I learned that his name was Kurapika.

The old looking teenager seemed to be lagging behind, tired by the few hours of running.

Normally, I'd think 'despicable' or 'weakling' in this kind of situation, but for some reason... I felt a new feeling.

Empathy.

It wasn't even pity, it was just... empathy.

I gracefully flew to him, noticing on my way Gon, Killua and Hiroe waiting for the old man. Gon was looking at him with determination in his eyes.

As for old teenager, he wasn't in good shape at all. Sweat dripping from his forehead, his lungs aching from the run... he wouldn't be able to continue like that.

I touched his shoulder lightly, giving him a small push of perseverance, determination and strength through nen.

His micropyles weren't opened yet, but I knew the technique not to accidentally open them. After all, am I not Nori Emiko Niu?

"SCREW THIS! I'M GONNA BE A HUNTER!" He suddenly yelled as he ran past my girl and her friends

I giggled lightly, not caring about the few bodies laying on the ground. It's not like they could hear me in their passed out state.

I then exited the tunnel, not finding anything interesting anymore. Of course, Statotz and the remaining applicants were still about an hour away, so that left me some time to look around.

The exit leaded on a hill, projecting over what appeared to be a swamp. I could feel dangerous animals, all having a pretty big amount of animal nen. The same went with the trees and the plants, as they all gave a dangerous bloodlust.

The hill itself seemed pretty safe, except for the weak animal nen I felt behind the concrete structure that was the exit.

But of course, it wasn't a danger for me.

I went down, walking instead of flying, to take a closer look on the trees.

They weren't normal, that's for sure. Not with the nen they had. After further examination, I learned that it fed itself using the blood of unlucky creatures, outsiders or locals.