Chapter 20 - ハンター 試験 | パート17 | ちま ひ:よん

Last time...
It pretty much felt like it, even though we actually only knew Gon for four days and regardless of the fact that we were in a life or death situation right now.

We were happy, and that was all we cared about at that moment.
Now...

Hiroe POV:
I, for once, woke up to the sun shining on my face instead of like someone attacking us or me waking up from fainting. There's a first for many things, and I accomplished my first waking up [blank] in many things during this exam! One thing I noticed, though, was how silent the forest was.

I mean, the water hadn't stopped running so there was that, and there was some wind to make me cold, but the birds didn't chirp like they usually did...

Oh no! Did we disturb their sleep pattern by coming on the island? Sorry, little birdies!

My belly rumbling in hunger, I crawled over to my sister and shook her to wake her up. She opened her eyes slightly, looking at what was up.

"Hey sis," she said still sleepy

"HEY SIS!" I yelled back to wake her up

She sighed and walked over to the water, using the cold substance on her face to be more awake.

"What're we eating?" I asked her, excited to finally eat something on this morning even though I had only been awake for five minutes.

"Berries," my sister replied monotonously, not wanting to be up right now.

I rumbled through the bag, searching for the berries. I then wondered where we had acquired this bag. I mean, we didn't have it before we were on this island, did we? Well, maybe, actually. I have a really bad memory after all. Shrugging it off, I grasped on the bag containing the berries and took it out. I started to munch on the fruits, enjoying their sweet taste.

Kotono walked by my side and sat down next to me, her hand plunging in the bag to get a few berries. We shared this meal until no fruit was left to eat. Gon was still sleeping, and I realized we had eaten all of the fruits without leaving any for him!

"We should go get more fruits for Gon!" I suggested to my sister

"Sure, Who's going and who's looking out for Gon?" She asked back

"Hmm..." I thought for a moment, looking at the pros and the cons. "I'll stay, I want to be there in case Gon wakes up!"

I smiled widely, and my sister smiled back and nodded. She then stood up, getting ready to leave. "I'll be back in a few. Don't make anything crazy!"

She waved farewell and I sat down next to Gon. Hmm.... maybe I shouldn't have chosen to stay. This is boring...

Gon's snores didn't make it any better. I mean, I have nothing against snoring people, but it's getting annoying!

I poked Gon's face, hoping he would wake up from his slumber, but to no avail. I poked him again, and a third time... nothing. I frowned, facing this big challenge. That's not cool!

I flicked his forehead this time, and it left a red mark. Whoopsies!

Though Gon still didn't wake up! I crossed my arms and started thinking of a way to wake him up. Maybe if I... removed his blanket? Yeah, I'd definitely wake up to that!

I went beside him and took in a swift movement, like a ninja, his blanket off his body. But Gon. Still. Didn't. Wake. Up!!

I pouted and thought again. I then got an idea. He definitely couldn't sleep through that!