Chapter 11 - ハンター 試験 | パート8

Last time...
I took some time to breathe after my explanation, hoping it was right.
Now...

Kotono POV

"Correct!" The voice said through the crinkly speaker

I sighed in relief. Who knows what might happen if we fail one of these questions... I don't want to push my luck.

Hiroe nudged my side, showing a thumbs up in my direction. I smiled at her cute behaviour.

"Next question!" The examiner said again, not giving us time to breathe.

"Oh, right, we're not done... at all..." Hiroe pouted and Hanzo and I laughed at her reaction

We heard pages turning through the speaker. In my opinion, the guy isn't very prepared.

"There are 3 lighting bolt in a room, with three switches in another. How can we know which switch is for which bolt if we can only go into the room with the bolts once?" He finally asked

Jeez, I was starting to think he wanted to make us loose time!

"That one's easy, I've heard it before," I said, catching the attention of two...

Once again, my two coworkers had spiral eyes.

"We leave the first switch open for five minutes, then close it and open the third one. We then go into the light room and see: The hot, closed one is the first, the cold, closed one is the second and the open one is the third," I explained, wanting to get over this quickly.

"That is the good answer," he replied quickly, "since you have answered one fifth of the question, I will leave you to my assistant. Oh, and you may change room and eat a little," the examiner said, seemingly in a rush.

Pretty sure he's not leaving since it's the fifth question...

A door opened, and believe it or not, the room was a hexagon. Some food was placed on tables, and Hiroe rushed towards it to full her mouth with whatever the meal was.

A deep, voice, still a little bit scratchy from she speaker, replaced the one that originally spoke.

"So, huh, there are two required answers to that one... if you get both right you will need to answer one less question or have the option to pass one question.... did y'all understand that?" The new person said, an accent accompanying his speech

"I guess so..." I replied,  not fully understanding but wanting to finish this phase as fast as possible.

Hiroe was oblivious to what happened, as she was too concentrated on the food she was eating. I wonder how come she haven't taken much weight though she eats so much...

"I starts with no sound, and I die. I come without a thought at my birth. The following one never come without sound," the riddle was asked

"I have a hypothesis," I said, "I think it's–"

"SHOOTING STAR!" My sister yelled

"That doesn't make any sense," I sweatdropped

"Yeah, what would make sense is thunder and lightning!" Baldy said