Chapter 16 - ハンター 試験 | パート14

Last time...
(They were trying to go past a trap of flying bricks)
"You can go now, Hanzo!" I told him
Now...

Hiroe POV:

I was sitting on my sis' laps as we were waiting for Hanzo to pass this. Knowing his super-secret-ninja skills, I was pretty sure he would go past this phase really easily. As for my, I was mostly able to get past most of the bricks because of my short height. I saw multiple slabs go past my head, right over it!

It was really really scary...

I moved a little to the left, but quickly moved back after my sister complained.

"Why can't I go there?" I asked, trying to sound mad

"Because I have a bruise. It hurts," Kotono said, patting my head.

I instantly started to feel bad. Guilt got to me before you could even say 'Christmas', and I apologized fifteen times over.

"It's fine, it's fine... you didn't know..." my sister comforted me, hugging me like children hug their teddy bears.

Hanzo suddenly popped up by our side, well I think he arrived while I was apologizing though I didn't notice but whatever.

"Hello there!" He waved, looking down at us since we were sitting on the ground

"Hey!" My sister greeted, waving back, "are you going to be fine?" She suddenly asked.

I tilted my head, curious. Why wouldn't Baldy be okay?

"Yes, yes, let's go!" He shrugged whatever was going on off and we headed towards the room we were trying to get to all along.

We entered and examined our lovely surroundings. There were three beds, with fluffy blankets and all, warm food rested on the table, like ready to be eaten, and some bookcases, which do not interest me. But the best part was the cute decoration: colourful flowers were placed around the place, and their sweet aroma could be smelled.

"Aww! I love this place!" I said excitedly as I ran from one flower to another, looking, examining, smelling, admiring...

Hanzo and my sister were suspiciously looking around the place, expecting something to pop out of nowhere to kill us probably.

All of us got jumpscared by something, making our souls reach for heaven as they prayed for mercy. Yup, it was that scary.

"Applicant number 294, Hanzo, 81, Kotono, and 82, Hiroe, you are almost done with the third phase. By going through the door, you will face your last challenge..."

"I say we go and finish this already," my sister walked towards the door

"But the flowers!" I yelled, sad that we had to leave them, "and the food!" I added

"This room doesn't really appeal to me. It looks like something bad is gonna happen any instant," Hanzo supported Kotono.

"Fine," I pouted, reluctantly walking up to my sibling.

xXx N-E-N xXx

N. E. N. POV:

"At least we passed," Kotono said, gasping for air to breathe between each word she said.