Chapter 10 - ハンター 試験 | パート7

Last time...
Another announcement interrupted their conversation, implying they had arrived to the 'Trick Tower'. Let's see what this Hunter Exam has to offer to us next.
Now...

N. E. N. POV

The group headed outside, as indicated. After some rough explanation, they were left on the top of this tower that appeared to point straight to heaven, which is pretty ironic if we consider it's a prison. I decided to fly down and let my puppets go, to see what would happen next...

Kotono POV

After the game I missed last night, I couldn't leave my sister alone. What, I can't let her get all the fun! Joke aside, this place gives out a weird vibe. Whether it's the height of the tower or simply the feeling of being watched...

Right now, I was looking down the tall tower with my little sister and our friends. It was really higher than I expected it to be, so there was no way it was the way down. Only very few people would be able to go down, so only very few would pass. Plus, the name of this place, 'trick tower,' sounds like something a little more intense than going down the building.

While I thought, I saw a man boasting about his climbing skills and start going down. I came to one conclusion: "he's dead."

The others looked at me strangely until we heard some sounds: the sound of wings flapping. Looking towards that direction, we saw weird creatures that kind of looked like babies flying towards the man, taking him away from the Hunter Exam to, I suppose, eat him.

Everyone sighed, trying to figure out how we were supposed to continue the exam. I spoke up, saying my hypothesis.

"It's probably the tiles, as they are weird shapes like they were trapdoors. Plus, there would be no other way out than those," I pointed towards a tile on the floor.

Before I could react, Hiroe ran to it and stepped on it, falling into the tower. My eyes widened in surprise and I yelled her name, for nothing. Stepping on it myself, I could only see it was now locked.

"Crap," I swore under my breath

Gon, Killua, Leorio and Kurapika freaked out, just like me

I didn't expect that actual tile to be a trapdoor! I started to walk around it, stepping on each tile I could until I also fell. With some luck I'd be with Hiroe...

Hiroe POV

When big sis pointed at the tile, I decided to jump on it 'cause why not? But when I did, I actually fell! Kotono was right!

Of course, I had to fall on my butt... I stood up, rubbing my ass (we're lucky Kotono can't read my mind since she would freak out...). The room I was in was dark, so creepy, and had three watches on a sort of table. All of them indicated '71:43,' probably the time left until the third phase is over.

So, I was alone, in a dark room with only three watches, a table and a door. That sounds great! I put the object around my wrist and plopped down, waiting for two people to arrive. I assume that's what I have to do, since the door has a sign saying 'the three of you have to press 'o' to open the door.'

I heard knocking on the tiles above, probably big sis trying to find another trapdoor. I looked up, hoping to see my sister fall... and she did! Right on her butt, just like me! Must be a family thing!