o n e

Your dad finally pulls into the parking lot of your new school, you're so excited. You can't believe you're going to Blackwell for your senior year..you grin widely in the back seat.
"I-- God I can't believe this!" you exclaim

"Well you're 18 now...I believe you can handle this..and..this has always been your dream,(y/n/n).." he looks back at you and smiles

Your dad turns the car off and gets out to go to the trunk to get your things, you and your mom get out and go around the back of the van your dad drives.
"Arcadia Bay..geez that's so far away..are you sure you'll be okay here?" your mom frowns as she looks at you; she looks sad but proud. She sniffles.

"Ma, please. I don't want you to cry because then I'll cry." You frown at her

Your dad takes out your bags and places them on the pavement of the parking lot.

"If you have any problems call us. I will be sure to straighten anything out." your dad says

"there won't be any need for that. I'm an adult now dad I can take care of myself but I'll be sure to call you guys at least once a week."

"Let's go to your dorm we'll help you move in." your mom picks up one of your bags

"no no! I'll be fine." you stop her

"what? so you just want us to leave?" your dad asks

"yes..I've been with you guys for 18 years..I'm leaving the nest so hit the road." you half joke,letting a soft laugh pass your lips

"But, (Y/N) we can't just--"

"I can move them..my body isn't that weak and I slept most of the way so..I have enough energy. If I need any help I'll ask someone, I promise. You guys don't need to hold my hand anymore. Just..drive safe guys.." you smile at them
They quickly hug you, you all bundle up in a tight family hug.

"We'll see you soon! Video chat us tonight,okay?" your mom basically orders you

"Of course, Ma. Love you guys."

"Love you too." they both utter as they squeeze you tightly;they let go after hugging you for so long and look at you sadly before climbing back into the van. Your mom waves roughly out her window as they reverse out of the parking space and back onto the road. Leaving you alone, it's just you and your bags now. You sigh out in relief,relaxing every muscle in your body. You feel free because now you don't have to pretend anymore. You're always pretending to be happy and positive around your parents in fear you'd worry them, you appreciate them so much that you'd never want to do that to them. You don't have to pretend anymore except when you call. You grab your bags and begin taking them to your dorm, there's two you can carry over your shoulder but the large suitcase needs to be pulled. You find your way to the girls' dorms. It wasn't too far from the parking lot but you still find yourself out of breath so you stop and drop your things;not wanting to push yourself. It'd be bad if everyone found out about you immediately because you past out or something, they'd start to treat you really special or like a kid...that's why you're keeping it a secret.

"Oh, do you need some help?" a girl with soft, tired eyes approaches you. She looks so sweet.

"Uh..no.. I'll be fine." you mutter out, a bit nervously.

"I wouldn't mind at all." she softly smiles

"uh..then..ye-yes. I'd appreciate it. Could you..pull the suitcase for me?" you smile back

She nods and grabs the handle of the rolling suitcase,she makes sure you grab the other two bags before walking inside the dorm;you follow behind. She checks a board with a map of the dorm attached as she walks in; each room has a sticky note with a name on it.

"Let me guess,you are," she trails off as she searches for the room with your name attached, she taps the sticky note with your name, "(Y/N) (Y/L/N)"

You nod. She smiles and starts walking down the hall, you stick to her side. You look at her, she's so angelic. To the way her chestnut hair is pinned up to the cute grey pencil skirt she's wearing. Everytime she looks at you her expression is filled with care and sympathy. Your eyes fall upon the necklace around her neck, a cross.

"Your necklace is very nice..I'm not very religious but I respect it..yknow being open about your beliefs..not being afraid.." you try to make small talk

"Totally. I hope you don't assume I'm like others though, I am passionate about my beliefs but I'm not judging and I will always accept people of diversity, unless...they've don't something to harm me or others." she softly speaks

"That's so sweet. I'm sorry,I didn't catch your name.." you look forward as you two approach your room

"Kate Marsh. You can call me Kate or Katie..you can call me anything I suppose,nothing crude though..please."

"Of course not!Thanks for helping me,Kate..." you smile at her

"No problem. If you ever need help don't be afraid to ask, I'm down the hall. I hope you like it here (Y/N)." she softly shakes your hand before you both exchange your goodbyes, she walks back down the hall and exits the dorm.You enter your room and set your stuff inside, instead of unpacking you procrastinate by listening to music and watching dumb videos on your phone. You decide you need to clear your head and then maybe you can get to work on unpacking and decorating your room. You put your phone away and exit the room. You see a girl with short honey blonde hair standing outside of what you assume is her room.

"Um..excuse me..am I aloud to be in the school even if I don't have classes today?"

"Um..who are you?" she asks, ignoring your question

"Oh.my name is (Y/N) (Y/L/N), (Y/N) is fine though..I'm new h--"

"Oh," she cuts you off, she looks you up and down "Well.. (Y/N), what makes you think that you can talk to me..?"

"um..excuse me?" you're a bit confused and taken aback

"Are you deaf? I said 'what makes you think you can talk it me?' "

"I was just asking a question..I'm sorry but I don't see what I did wrong..."

Victoria stared at you a little longer, a little harder as no words were exchanged. Before you could say something again she turned up her nose at you and walked down the hall, opposite in direction. You sigh in relief it's better than her staring at you, disecting you with her eyes that were like daggers. You sigh wondering what her problem is, did you sound or look mad when you approached her. You didn't think so, 'maybe she's just not very friendly' you thought before leaving the dorms.

You stand outside, feeling relief wash over you as the slight wind brushes against your cheeks. You sigh and head towards the school building, you manage your way up the stairs and into the halls. You notice friends joking around with each other and having a good time;you smile to yourself as you stare at them as you walk causing you to bump into something...someone. You fall back onto the ground, you're already fragile so it hurts more than it should. The guy who bumped into you bends down to collect his things.
"Sorry. I guess I wasn't paying a--"

"Attention? yeah no fucking shit.." he says aggressively, his expression is stern as he picks up the crumpled up papers he had and shoves them into a folder he was holding.

"I said I'm sorry. Let me help.." you pick up one of the papers, all you can make out is a bunch of scribbles before he snatches the paper from you

"don't touch my shit! Just fucking go away weirdo..I don't need your help." he growls at you

"Whatever..I was just trying to help.." you brush him off as you stand up and walk down the hall to continue your exploration of the school.