t w e n t y o n e

You sat on Warren's bed, scrolling through your phone before looking at Warren;who was sprawled out across the foot of it.

"So....guess who's coming down next week." you smiled to yourself

"Hm?" he looks up at the ceiling, as if he was thinking, "I dunno..." he shrugs and gives up

"My parents,dummy. I'm gonna tell them the news and I want them to meet you....and Nathan."

"Cool! I can't wait to meet them." he smiles
you nod and stand up from his bed,

"Well it was fun lounging," you slip on your shoes and sigh, "Buuutt, I gotta go see Nathan. Tell him about the news and stuff."

"Oh.." he looks a bit disappointed but nods, "Ok."
you sighed,

"What? What is it?"

"Nothing. I just..." he trailed off

"You don't like him," you finished for him in a stern tone, "Yeah, I get it, Warren. Me and him are dating though...whether you like it or not." you looked back at him

"I know, I know--" he sighs, "I'm sorry, I'm overreacting...have fun." he weakly smiled

"Thank you." you mumbled before leaving his room. You walked down the hall and knocked on Nathan's door. You thought to yourself about how weird it was, the fact that you were his girlfriend now...the fact that you were in remission. You still feared in the back of your mind that you'd wake up, and this would all have been a dream.
Nathan answered the door and smiled at the sight of you,

"H..Hey..I--" he seemed nervous, taking a deep swallow,"Sorry, my room is a bit of a mess."

"I don't mind." you shrugged and entered, the room was bright despite the dark colors in his room. The only light seeping through the blinds of the windows. You flopped on his bed, laying down across it.

"Just make yourself at home then." he chuckled as he sarcastically said, shaking his head as he shut the door

you laughed, "Sorry."

"It's fine," he watched as your smile faded quickly into a frown, he walked over to the bed "(Y/N), are you okay..?"

"I...I'm just," you sigh,looking away from his direction, "Scared."

"About what?" he softly lays on the bed next to you, keeping a distance between you two. He props himself up with his elbow.

"I'm scared that...this is all is just...a dream. That I'll just wake up in my bed just to figure out that all the hope I have right now is fake. That everything is just fake," you looked him in his cold blue eyes, "Promise me that this isn't all fake..please." you pleaded quietly. Nathan got closer, pushing your hair behind your ear as he locked his eyes with yours. You watched as his eyes darted all over your face,taking in your features.

"I promise. I'm not just saying that because I'm in your dream either." his smile was lighthearted and reassuring as he joked to lighten the mood

You felt your face become hot at how close you were to him,
"Thankyou." you quietly chuckle, looking deeper into his eyes. You leaned upwards just enough to steal a quick kiss from him lips. You watched as his cheeks filled with color. He looked at you, a bit surprised before he leaned down to begin again. This time the kiss was deeper, it was much more caring and passionate. He pulled back.

"Do you feel better now?" he cupped your cheek with his hand now. You nodded in response.

"I have something I want to tell you.." you quietly spoke

"What is it?"

"My..my parents are flying down for a couple of days and I want you to meet them. If that's okay with you, of course. I know it's only been like..two days but I want them to know you're in my life..and that you're my," you hesitate at first, feeling weird as the word builds up on your tongue, "Boyfriend.." you finally spit out

"I see..if that's what you want. I'll meet them."

"Really?! Great! It's just they should know about you, you're my first boyfriend and I don't want to hide you from them."

"I'm glad I'll get to meet them, though, I'll admit I'm already a bit nervous." he sighs but he lets a smile spread across his lips

"Don't worry. They'll like you...because well...you make me happy." you grin as you reach up to run your fingers through his hair. You felt better. Your doubts before were slowly fading away.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure." you leaned up to place one more kiss on his cheek and with that he sat up and turned on his TV. You layed on his bed, watching him as he scrolled through the movies. You didn't really care what he picked, you were just happy to be right there with him. Days ago you wouldn't even imagine you'd be this happy. You didnt imagine you'd be this..hopeful.